1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why am I so Clever (Sarcastic)?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by clarkec1, Jun 10, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

I won't deny it, I am quite a bright kid, even some of you guys on here have been saying I'm quite "mature" and "well-spoken", but really, it can be quite difficult.

I'm just going to create a list of all the stresses concerning school in my life right now:

- I'm in Fast Track English, which means about 50 out of the 150 people in our year do our English (literature and language) a year earlier than everyone else.
    - I am awaiting the results of an English C.A (controlled assessment) which counts for our English Language GCSE, and the results of a mock exam, but this mock exam could get us removed from Fast Track if we don't do well enough, and no one wants to get removed.
    - I have got another English Language C.A next week, and we were only told about it today, and only have a week of preparation, and this does contribute towards our overall English Language GCSE.
    - I am in triple science and there is a LOT of work.
    - I am anticipating the results of a test that doesn't contribute towards our Science GCSE, but the lowest grade I have got in science is an A, and the highest being an A*, and I don't want to get lower than an A.
    - I have got an enormous science test on Thursday about everything we have covered since September, it doesn't count for anything, but there's a sense of pride involved.
    - I have got a Maths test on everything we have done since September, and it decides our final GCSE groups for next year.
    - I have got a German writing Controlled Assessment that contributes towards our final German GCSE, I have got that in two weeks.

---

Yes, it's a lot of stuff. What I created this thread for is to seek techniques and things that you do to manage your stresses, and relieve your worries.

Anyone got any advice?

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    An extensive vocabulary does not make a person clever, mistakes & what that person can learn from them can :rolleyes:

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^ What he said. Being smart doesn't make life easy; it makes tasks which are impossible for others, barely possible for you.

But stress can be managed. Just try to prioritize what needs to get done immediately, what can take a little while, and what is mostly non-important/long term. Letting it all bounce around in your head will surely drive you insane, but if you put it all down and follow the plan, life can more easily be managed.

4. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

I agree with you both, that's a great philosophy by the way. I have thought of prioritizing my upcoming tests in order of importance, but I didn't really feel comfortable prioritizing between subjects if you know what I mean?

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In that case, you're still arranging them in order of importance, but not the same kind of importance. It isn't that one class is more valuable than another here; you are ordering them by which ones need to be studied most. If you are mostly good in one subject and totally lost in another, you can afford to put off the first in favor of the second. See what I'm talking about? :wink:

6. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

I understand. Right now English, Science, Maths and German are the most valuable and importance right now, in that order. But I always keep an interest and care in all of my other subjects at the same time. Thanks again!