1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It pisses me off when homophobes say we want special rights

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by yellowsun, Jun 10, 2013.

1. yellowsun

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    One of my biggest pet peeves with homophobic bigots is when they make it out like the LGBT community wants special rights. Homophobes are the ones who want special rights. They want marriage just for themselves, they think they are the only ones who should be parents, they believe they should have their sexuality shoved in everyone's faces yet they don't want to hear or know anything about same sex attraction or couples, and there are some who stoop so low that they will only bake cakes for heterosexual couples. All of that to me sounds like they are the ones who want special rights. The LGBT community just want equal rights.

Sorry for my rant. I just needed to vent. I really do get sick and tired of homophobes!! :tantrum:

2. Hexagon

It doesn't really matter whether the rights we want are special or not. There is no legitimate reason to stop us from having sex or getting married, so we should be allowed to.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is no cure for plain old stupid.

4. TruE BlisS

TruE BlisS Guest

I understand..Sometimes it helps to vent.It's a new day..I think that ppl are just so closed minded. We just want to be accepted and treated like the human beings that we are. And to celebrate our union of love the way we choose. Is that too much to ask for, we're not hurting any one. They act ppl of the same sex loving or being attracted to each other is a deadly desease at times when it isn't anything but real love...sad.. No worries there is always someone willing to help same sex couples celebrate their love with a cake and etc. There will always be homophobic ppl out there but that won't take away from the love we share with our significant other or ppl of the LGBTQ community.

5. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I applaud you, good sir. :eusa_clap

6. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

I applaud you, fabulous sir.

7. evora

Or when they say we already have special rights...

8. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Democracy in America is stupid.

The complete lack of a requirement to study moral philosophy in public school, the stagnation of our public school system, and the viciousness of a zero-sum view on rights cause me to think we're just waiting for a serious shakeup to fix our culture.

#8 Pret Allez, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  9. AlexKnight

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    People are just plain ignorant and afraid of what they can't understand. If homophobes don't agree with us then whatever, but they don't have any right to tell us how to live. I read this quote somewhere, and I think it's perfect.

"Complaining that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a donut because you're on a diet."