1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you Superstitious or Astrological?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by clarkec1, Jun 10, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Basically, so you believe that walking under a ladder is bad luck, seeing a black cat is good luck (some people think that the black cat is bad luck, but it is in fact good luck), or that Friday 13th is a bad day. And what is your status of believe with horoscopes and astrology?

I personally don't believe in any of the bad luck superstitions, but I always believe in the good ones. Like I believe that if you make a wish with a penny in a well or blow a dandelion your wish may come true.

And I sort of believe in horoscopes; they come true for me sometimes.

What about you?

2. BornInTexas

Yes. But horoscopes, no. Everyone in every way can relate to each of them. But it is fun to find out your sign. :slight_smile:

3. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    no I believe in things with evidence behind them.

4. AlamoCity

I am not superstitious in the sense that I believe doing such things will affect me except that, because I know society considers some actions as superstitious, my mind might make the connection that if I stepped under a ladder and happened to trip later that day, that perhaps it was influenced by that action. Although my skeptical side will dismiss that claim within seconds given that we like to look for patterns where there are none to find. To be honest, I don't believe in ghosts, evil spirits, curses, superstitiond, horoscopes or astrology.

I will say we humans have the most actively imaginative mind of a creatures.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

#4 AlamoCity, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  5. TruE BlisS

TruE BlisS Guest

I believe in both . I probably believe in superstitious because almost my entire family does. So I see things differently. There is a lot more to astrology than some ppl know and I have been reading up on it. I understand and sometimes I experience what was written in my daily horoscopes. So I can't help but to believe in both.

6. Hexagon

They, they all do. Even the ones that don't apply to you.

I doubt many people will be surprised to heard that I don't believe in any of this shit. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and all, and I've never seen any evidence to justify such a belief.

7. Night Rain

No. No. No.

Let me tell you people. I was paid to write weekly horoscope, and all the stuffs I've written were completely made up by me. :lol: You don't know how many comments saying "so true!" I've received.

8. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

I believe in magic, and bad luck and good luck and such, but it's more religious than anything, so I don't know if it counts.

9. Stripe101

[I only believe in things that have been scientifically proven to be true.

Exactly. Sometimes. There are over 7 Billion people on this planet. The odds that someone experiences vague horoscopes predictions is not out of the ordinary. It's just statistical.

10. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not particularly. Though I do get a bit nervous if a black cat crosses my path, for some unknown reason.

11. justjade

I believe in karma, reincarnation, ayurveda, Tarot, ghosts, life energy, healing crystals, magick, meditation, voodoo, all that. Don't like ouija boards, but I do believe they work. I'm pretty metaphysical. I do not particularly believe in horoscopes, although people tell me I'm a textbook Scorpio. I'm not really superstitious either.