1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flowerbed rant

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ticklish Fish, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Ticklish Fish

ugh.... ever since moving to a house (my mom's decision), i didn't think it would be this frustrating.

but how dafuq do you keep weed from growing in flower bed without damaging the plants? They just keep fucking regrow and pulling them is tiring T_T

I mean, there are area that I am planning to spray those non-plant chemicals and then there are area that I plant to just pour hot water on there and hope it kills everything.

we have this chemical that is supposed to kill weed but not the grass, but the plants on flowerbed is um, different?

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The best thing to do is get some flowerbed liner. It's safe for the plants that you want to grow, but it makes it a lot harder for weeds to grow.

3. Ticklish Fish

okay.. but before i install those things how do i remove the existing weeds first? what about weeds that grow via pollination?

4. arturoenrico

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Prepare bed first. Some weeds are extremely aggressive and hard to kill off. Pull weeds by roots; get all of the roots. If you use and herbeciide, be very careful. dont get it into the soil. try to target it on the weeds leaves only' using the smallest amount. Use liner to go over the bed, then a fresh layer of top soil, your plants and cover with a healthy amount of mulch. Stay ahead of the weeds; don't let them go to seed!

5. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What an interesting thread. I don't have much experience or advice to give, I just had to come and read this!