1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quakes...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tim, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Tim

Tim

So, We had 3 quakes, 3.2, 3.7, and 4.0 within a 5 second time period today, with the epicenter within 30 miles of where I live. I was asleep, but since there were 3 quakes seemingly at once, My bed was shaking crazily, (it has no support, it's just mattresses), my mom didn't notice it, but everyone else did lol, all the books on the shelves and such fell over. If any of them had reached Mag. 5 or 6, there probably woulda been structural damage >_<

What freaked me out: I was having a dream about an earthquake causes a volcano to appear (For some reason, I don't know what is up with that volcano lol), but yea, then I got woke up by the earthquake, and scared the crap out of me, normally I'm used to it, but it snuck up on me :astonished: Like last time, we had a 7.2 or so w/ epicenter like 100-200 miles off the coast (we had a tsunami warning as well...), and everything was falling down and stuff, and I was at a family friends house and just sat down to dinner, and we just sat there eating and talking >.> It's just normal up here lately -.-

Anyone been in a quake that particularly scared them? ^^;

2. pirateninja

There was a quake in England not too far back at 1am. Funnily enough I couldn't sleep and was watching South Park and suddenly my bed and my drawers started rattling but it didn't last too long. Still, it scared the life outta me at the time.

I also remember going to Turkey on holiday, and while we were there we had three earthquakes. And they were terrible. We ended up with the beds halfway across the room and the cupboards fallen over.

3. Vampyrecat

its funny...i've never felt an earthquake...but my family stumping up and down the hall outside my room makes my room shake :grin:

4. Lily

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    lol I thought you were in Illinois for a moment since they had one just a couple a days ago! And it is said that Missouri felt it too...around 4 am...which I was a sleep. So I didn't wake up or anything...though I had a dream about a quake that night. hmmm
    Glad your ok! (I hear that they can be nasty out there!)

5. Nodnarb

That is what I thought at first too. I'm probably too far way to have felt that one even if I hadn't been asleep. But, I do know some people from up around Des Moines and in eastern Iowa say they felt it.

6. Quitex

Quitex Guest

We had a CRAZY week last... week XD
    We had a TON of quakes, most of them were too small people didn't felt them, but some where LONG and HARD ( :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )
    Were so used to them the quakes even turns me on :astonished:

7. Tim

Tim

Just had a 5.2, lol. Again, not big, but it was a rocking one -.-...

The ground is still shaking 20 minutes later... >_<

EDIT: Holy crap, there's a tsunami warning on TV :confused:

#7 Tim, Apr 29, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  8. Grof142007

yike i would so move from that place

glad im safe here in NC nothing ever happens here but droughts