1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the kinsey scale...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Scarlet123, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Scarlet123

well... i took this test right... umm it says X - Non-sexual... meaning?? also i dont think it was very accurate anyway as i didn't understand all of the questions but could someone explain what this means please?
    - Thanks​

2. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Maybe asexual?

3. Hexagon

Yeah, X is asexual. But those tests aren't accurate. The only way to get an accurate kinsey number is self assessment/reflection. Because all the questions are based on your attractions anyway, you have to know who you are attracted to to answer the questions.

4. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Yes, it means asexual, that means that you don't have an orientation, and you don't like men or women. The test is probably inaccurate, because it's very rare that someone is asexual.

5. Oddish

Oddish Guest

False.
    I identify as asexual, and I'm very much into women (and some men, and non-binary people). I lack sexual attraction towards them, but I can become romantically involved with whoever I have a liking for. There's such romantic orientations including heteroromantic, homoromantic, bi/panromanic, so on and so forth.

An aromantic asexual person may have a disinterest in relationships and would not form romantic/sexual attractions towards others.

On another note- I wouldn't completely base sexual orientation completely upon Kinsey. Asexuality could be likely, but the test itself is very limited nor accurate.

6. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

I adopted my romantic orientation from asexuals (biromantic), so I thank asexuality for existing.

---------- Post added 11th Jun 2013 at 12:02 PM ----------

It helps me categories myself if I make my personal labels nice n neat.

7. Hexagon

Its also probably not true that asexuality is very rare. Its estimated at 1%.

8. 2112

The Kinsey scale seems pointless to me. If you know enough to answer the questions, then you know your orientation.

9. rabbit1

rabbit1 Guest

well i just did the kinsey scale says i'am a zero. makes sense i guess. still like girl stuff though LOL

10. Scarlet123

what does this mean?? - 'The gender composition of an orgy would be irrelevant to my decision to partiticipate.' - i probably sound really dumb but yh... anyway =D

11. SooConfusedRN

it means that if you had an orgy with lots of people, would it matter or not if they were all female, or all male

12. Scarlet123

what's orgy? X_X

13. King

King Guest

Sex, more or less.

I'm an avid hater of the Kinsey scale, and if I were you I wouldn't put much worth in it.

14. Scarlet123

oh ok, thanks guys

15. leer

when I did mine it said I was a weirdo its just an excuse to label people more as if you need more labels.

16. Scarlet123

again it says i am 'X' 'Non-sexual'... i agree its not really much use. aha the last one... 'F The test failed to match you to a Kinsey Type profile. Either you answered some questions wrong, or you are a very unusual person.' ahaha nice lol

---------- Post added 12th Jun 2013 at 05:25 PM ----------

thats mean, aha lovin the pic leer =D

17. Scarlet123

omg i took the test again changing the 2 possible answers i didnt know and it says 'F The test failed to match you to a Kinsey Type profile. Either you answered some questions wrong, or you are a very unusual person.' aha =))

18. vrrml

i agree. no one else can know how you feel

19. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The kinsey scale is very useful. Without it we'd have people still treating sexuality as a black and white sort of deal. Language can shape our perception of things.

I have yet to see an online kinsey scale test that had any diagnostic value though. They are always worded in such a way that it would be easy to answer the questions to produce the orientation that you want to see at the end. In order to be truly empirical it needs to be done in a way that the person taking it will not know how their orientation is being measured or how it will turn out. Psychology has this problem regarding any mental state though. Psychologists can only infer what someone's inner state is based on their behavior and their self-reported status. Technologies like MRI can help (and we can guess someone's orientation very roughly with MRI) but even then just because you get a certain result, it doesn't tell you why you got that result or if you'd get it every time.

20. vrrml

i think he was talking about the online tests rather than the actual scale itself