1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Words most people don't use

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dustin Broke, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

Am I right that most people don't like to use bad words like the F word since that's the worst word you could say? Also I assume some might use lite words like the word shit but most would never use the F word since that is bad and also it's means anal sex. I never use the F word or so since that's really nasty and bad. I don't think a lot of people use those words though since they know it's bad. I don't think even on TV or radio they would have those words since someone said they don't. Apparently it's really bad and not good that's why they don't have them. If the words were like normal words I would think they would play it on TV and radio. I don't really listen to the radio but someone said that both on TV and radio they cut those words.

2. 2112

No.

3. BornInTexas

I love using swear words. Perhaps too much.

4. Sarcastic Luck

I'm pretty vulgar mouthed and I use every curse word under the sun.

5. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

Wait I thought curse and cuss are different since what I am saying is cussing. Curse is like bad magic spells like Warlocks use on WoW. It has nothing to do with cussing.

Also my mom said most people don't use the F word since that word is bad and you can't use it at work or so. People might use the Shit word but that's about it or they would use damn or so but no F word. Everyone knows it's bad and it's rude also.

---------- Post added 11th Jun 2013 at 09:19 PM ----------

Actualy I kinda wonder if people on TV or the radio don't play songs or people don't ever use bad words since I never heard any. Maybe people are smarter on TV or the radio and they don't use those words. All I know is that most people know better than using the F word since that's the top bad word chart ever.

6. BornInTexas

Cursing and cussing are synonymous to each other in some way.

Also, the word 'fuck' can be used in a sense to show strong emotion in speech or writing.

"This is fucking amazing."
    "This is amazing."

Which one shows more emotion?

7. Sarcastic Luck

Your mom clearly never worked in a factory lol. Actually, depending on the situation, 'fuck' is used at work. You're less likely to hear it at, say a business setting, but people do use it.

Songs on the radio will often have curse words, but the radios get an edited or 'clean' version.

8. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

Well does on TV or Radio can use those words? If not why? Are you saying that the F word isn't bad? Can people on TV use those words or people sing with those words on the radio. I never heard any words on TV or the radio saying that. Maybe I didn't hear it carefully enough.

---------- Post added 11th Jun 2013 at 09:23 PM ----------

Also how you know the songs have cuss words? I didn't hear any words on the songs that are cussing. I can't tell if they are cussing.

#8 Dustin Broke, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2013
  9. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Words are only as powerful as you make them. I myself enjoy the liberal application of a salty, sailor inspired vocabulary. In the right company, of course.

There's worse things you could say or be. The concept that some words are "cursed" for no good reason other than they're "dirty" is a downright silly concept. Now some words, yes, are indeed used to oppress or marginalize people for their gender/race/sexuality and these words are words I would never condone under any circumstances unless the said group was to "reclaim" the word.

Fuck is not among them. :wink:

10. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Words most people don't use? Intelligent ones. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Swearing is easy; using properly descriptive words takes a bit more thought, something a precious few are willing or able to do.

11. BornInTexas

On television and the radio, the words are there in the song or the television show, they're just often bleeped, silenced, or it's just a small pause. Or there is a completely new version of the song written just for the radio to shield little children's ears from the word for some reason.

I've never found anything wrong about the word fuck unless you're using it in a business meeting setting or in the sense of verbal abuse.

12. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

So you can't use those words everywhere. Probley it's because it's bad and also why would they block them if it was a good word to say? Apparently it's bad if they have to shield the words see.

13. BornInTexas

It isn't GOOD, per se. It's just a word.

Sometimes it's appropriate to use, sometimes it isn't. And you don't even have to use it if you don't want to.

14. Sarcastic Luck

It's because a lot of people are overly sensitive.

Anyway, with songs/movies, they'll edit the words or what the person is saying. For example, with 'Snakes on a Plane' Jackson's famous line "Snakes on this mother fucking plane" was changed to something like "Snakes on this Monday Friday plane". I'm sure you can find the phrase on google.

15. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

Well most people know that it's not good and don't use them but some are kinda but don't want to sound mean but maybe immature and act like a little boy or so when its comes to these bad words. The F word has never been good for years and years and I know even at school you can't use them or so. I think some people are just ignoring the truth even they know the word is bad. But at least most know better and don't cuss. Or should I say don't use the F word. Other words aren't that bad but the F word is the worst you could ever say.

Apparently on there is a reason to block them and I know it's because it's bad. Everyone is well not everyone since there are people like me who don't use the F word but they are just ignoring the truth and think it's cool to say it when it's actually stupid to say it.

#15 Dustin Broke, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2013
  16. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

If you hear the lyrics suddenly drop out, like a word was just outright removed, is usually was, because it was a swear word. If you want to know for sure, look for the uncensored version of the song. You can usually find it on YouTube if you look beyond the first result in your search, and if you go to buy the song on iTunes or Amazon, they'll usually sell the uncensored versions.

A prominent example that comes to mind is "Some Nights" by fun. The radio version has the line, "Who the... wants to die alone all dried in the desert sun?" There's a conspicuous pause there. If you listen to the actual song, you'll hear that the line is "Who the fuck wants to die alone all dried up in the desert sun?" Here, this link will take you to a lyrics video for the song and start it at that point in the song, so you can hear for yourself:
    Fun Some Nights Lyrics - YouTube

17. BornInTexas

Refer to this.

18. Sarcastic Luck

I've met very few people who were reluctant to cuss. If I'm immature and 'stupid' because of a word I use, then so be it.

19. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I like to echo Stephen Fry when he say, "The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is in any way a sign of a lack of education or a lack of verbal interest is just a fucking lunatic." Some people use swearing as a crutch because they can't come up with a better word for what they want to say, but profanity has its place, and that place is expressing extremes of emotion. The fact is that, "I'm extremely happy right now!" doesn't feel quite the same way that, "Fuck yeah!" does. That's what swears are good for: capturing those strong sentiments. Its only when they're used to describe more mundane things that it becomes obnoxious.

20. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

How do you know if the song on the radio is made to skip a word? Since I do know that the radio plays the original song that the singer made. They won't not make a fake song and put it on the radio. Also that sudden drop might be how the song was original made.

---------- Post added 11th Jun 2013 at 09:42 PM ----------

Well if the F word is such a good word to use why everyone don't use it everwhere like on TV radio or retail stores etc?? If it was a good word to show feelings then no one would block it or so and everyone can use it on TV or so.