1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So as it gets closer to the end of the month

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Miz Purple, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    How is everybody feeling, in regards to the SCOTUS desicions? Im feeling really excited, this could be a huge turning point for LGBT rights. Although iv always taught myself to expect the worse so as not to be disapointed,but there is a little part of me that has such big hopes for the final out come. Im mostly hoping for DOMA to be struck down , i think overall that is what is needed right now the most, but i still be happy for my home state of California to finally get marriage back. so what are your thoughts, hopes, opinions?

2. 2112

Most Americans are against DOMA, hopefully most of the judges are too.

3. Theodora

I'm expecting DOMA to be struck down, but Prop 8 to be sent back to the state court. Both for the same reason.

Equal recognition by the federal government is a huge step, though. And with three more states legalizing same-sex marriages in the last month I'm optimistic about more doing the same. :thumbsup:

4. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm crossing my fingers, though I think the ruling might be narrow.

If DOMA is struck down, this opens the door for another case. Because a legal contract entered into in one state has to be honored in any other state, this bring up the question: Wouldn't states that don't currently allow gay marriage have to recognize unions performed in states that do?

In the event of a narrow decision, I'm hoping that maybe another case can make its way to the court, based on this basis.