1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you make friends on this forums?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dustin Broke, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

I was wondering about this but if you want to contact someone is it ok to PM them and talk to them there and get to know them and give contact infos? I assume since it's on private message and no one else can see if then I would be fine. I just heard some people said that it's bad to give out contact infos here. Maybe I was wrong though.

2. Vegas Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not sure I know people said its bad to give out contact information on the forum but I think a private message would be fine if your both cool with it.

3. LD579

You can definitely make friends, but to share PMs, both members must be full members. At that point, members are advised to use their own judgement and caution to determine whether or not it would be wise to share contact information. If you trust the other person, there should be no harm, in theory. Until you trust that person, PMs and wall messages and the chat room can suffice before you give out your contact information.

Also, contact information cannot be shared on anything that can be viewed publicly. The only way to exchange such info would be through PMs, I believe.

4. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

Well what do I have to do if I want to make new friends from this forums and have them PM me? Since I' am looking for good friends since I don't have many friends. All three of my best friends are away from town and busy. One is my ex boyfriend but he doesn't have a ride to get here often so ends up I' am lonely. I guess if anyone here wants a good caring friend they can PM. :slight_smile:

5. LD579

You should apply to become a full member, if you haven't already. That way, other full members would be able to PM you, or vice versa, assuming you 'pass'. You need 50 posts that are not in the fun and games sub-section, and must have been a member for two weeks or longer, and then must fill out an application. Look at the forum home page and you'll see it down below.

6. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
  7. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

Btw when you said full members is that why I wasn't able to message a guy that is on here? Is it free to become a member? I hope it doesn't cost money to be a full member.

8. LD579

It's free, but may take time, as the staff must review your application. It's easy and hassle-free ; )

Only full members can PM OTHER full members. Otherwise, anyone can PM a member of staff, but that's it.

9. Jonathan

As already pointed out, your first step would be to become a full member. Only full members are allowed to PM other full members, which would be why you were not able to message the person before. No, it does not cost any money to become a full member. You have to have been a part of the forum for a specific period of time and have a certain number of posts before you can apply for full membership. Then the forum moderators will go over your application and review your activity to make sure you have good intentions on the forum.

Until you are able to achieve full membership, feel free to post messages on peoples' walls (in their profile). Keep in mind that wall communication can be seen by other people and that no identifying information is allowed to be posted in such a conversation.

10. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Full Membership isn't something you pay for. It's something you're granted based on your participation on the forums. If you send in an application for Full Membership, the staff check out your posts and see if you seem legit, if you seem creepy, if you've only made one-word posts in Chit Chat, if you're really flirty, stuff like that. If we think we have a good handle on who you are, and think you can be trusted with Full Member privileges (including the PM system and the chat room), then you'll be promoted.

11. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

Ok I did fill the app so I hope I will become a full member. :slight_smile:

12. BudderMC

^ to add, the Full Member system and communication restrictions are annoying. We get it. But it's a step we need to take to ensure the site stays safe and creeper-free for everyone, particularly since there are minors on the site.

13. biggayguy

Caution is definitely the word. I met a guy on another message board. We exchanged phone numbers. After the second phone call he wanted to leave his job in Texas and move in with me in Ohio. That was just way too fast for me. I had to block him from my phone and facebook. He was calling all the time. It became stalking.

14. Fiddledeedee

Whilst you can't PM people, you can post on their walls and make friends that way. :slight_smile: I am able to private message people but I still haven't used it much for general chit chat.