1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Buy store

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dustin Broke, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

I went to Best Buy today and returned an item and what was strange was they asked for my ID and they said they just wanted to know who I' am and that's it but does Best Buy want people want to be friends with me or so? I just wondered if that person wanted to get to know me more so that's why they needed my ID since it has my name and stuff. I haven't been to Best Buy for years and last time I went and I returned something I didn't need an ID also it seems like Best Buy has only 15 day return policy instead of 30 days like before. Are they trying to make the store better and upgrading there system? Maybe try to keep a survey of how many people buy stuff and or come to the store?

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just for the record, Best Buy and many other retailers now require ID when you return something, particularly if its without a receipt. The return information is tracked in a database run by a company who tracks returns for dozens of companies. If you return too many things, you're banned from returning stuff.

So the guy was following policy, not trying to stalk or creep on you.

3. ScatteredEarth

That's a kind of a broad accusation to just think that the guy was hitting on you or trying to get to know you better with your ID. Like Chip said, most stores require an ID for returns just as much as some stores require an ID in the sale of tobacco and alcohol if you look under a certain age (In most cases it's 30) regardless of if you legally can buy it or not.