1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone else feel the McCann's are guilty?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by amoore658, Jun 12, 2013.

1. amoore658

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    As the title says - does anyone else feel the McCann's are someway involved in the disappearance of their daughter, Madeleine?

I followed the story as it happened from Day 1, and I never really believed the "Madeleine was abducted" scenario.

This is what they (the McCann's) claim in a "nutshell"

Abductor enters apartment through unlocked patio door, finds way to M's room, enters, picks up M, and then somehow climbs out the window with M in his arms and walks off with her, without ever being seen*? Really?? EDIT Instead of the abductor taking one of the smaller children (which, presumably, would me much easier to manipulate etc,) he takes the elder, much larger and heavier one?!

* The only "witnesses" to seeing a child being carried off were, naturally, friends of the McCann's.

What are your opinions on it?

2. Hexagon

I feel like I don't know. I don't generally assume guilt just because I can.

3. evora

Whatever feelings I have about them, I'd feel bad to accuse them of anything in case they really had nothing to do with it.

4. MrBrightside

5. Harve

With all due respect to them (and now to say something completely disrespectful...), do people still care?

6. caughtbywitness

I like to hope they had nothing to do with it.

7. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Americans are concerned and interested in this matter. But it isn't as big news as it is in the UK, Ireland, and the rest of Europe, I don't think.

I think they were absolutely selfish to not take the kids to dinner with them. I think they are guilty of negligence of some sort, though I don't know how they'd be charged. I really wonder about the logistics of what really happened. I don't know how the McCanns function in their daily lives, do their work, or get some sleep. I wonder the same thing of others, such as the parents of Natalee Holloway, for example.

I actually think they will solve this case. I just get that feeling. I hope so.

8. vrrml

i don't like how they have been making money off their daughter being kidnapped, by writing a book about it.

9. smokey-knows-all

I never heard about this?

10. DanD

Surely their young daughter was someone who radiated love towards, and within, either parent; that may be all she knew at her age.

I know I'd go nuts if something happened to my niece, or someone similar, but I do get the feeling that they seem too calm about the whole issue. I think they're hiding something, although I really do hope I'm wrong.

11. ScatteredEarth

I have not even heard about that case.. I live in Florida, home of the famous Casey Anthony case.. And the newer and current Zimmerman case which I think is innocent on the matter. As for the McCanns, the evidence is pretty underwhelming given what you said above.. So I'd be on the skeptical side of that case.