1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT youth group!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Psychedelic Bookmarks, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I forgot to mention that about a week ago I went to a great LGBT youth group near me. It was a victory just to get my Mum to take me, because she wasn't very keen, but it was so good.

It was run by a couple of lesbians, and there were 4 other young people there. Yeah, small group. But it was good. We played Jenga twice and then they were gathering suggestions for the coming year's activites. They do loads of fun projects and days out and stuff. I felt comfortable. And there was a squeeeeee-super-cute woman there. She was probably about 19, so too old for me :dry:, Nevertheless, cute youth group lesbians for the win!!

If any of you get a chance to go to a local lgbt youth group, it's great. Do it.

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Congratulations and its great you got your mom to take you! How often do you meet?

3. Louise

Hey, that is good news. Was your mum reassured afterwards? Will she let you go again? If the cutie is too old for you maybe she will be happy to be your 'big sister'

I am really happy for you.:thumbsup:

4. Jim1454

Good for you for going! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

5. Psychedelic Bookmarks

They meet every week, but I won't be able to go often, because it clashes with yoga and because it's so far away. It takes about 50 minutes to drive there. And that's a lot to ask my Mum. So I'll only be able to go every now and then, maybe once a month.

She seemed reassured. We had a convo with the leaders beforehand and she seemed to like them. I told her how much I enjoyed it and she was pleased for me, so I think she's mostly all right with it now. It's just the inconveniance of taking me which will be the main problem.

I can live in hope that the cutie only looked old... she was the kind of person who's age is very hard to pin down, it could have been anywhere between 22 and 15. But if she's too old, which she probably is, I'll still be glad just to know her. She seemed really fun and nice, and I was just rather overwhelmed to be in a room with 6 gay people. 6!! All at one time! :lol:

6. ccdd

ccdd Guest

That's brilliant! And I second Becky on how great it is that your mum took you - not only is your mum accepting, but she's going out of her way - 50 minutes out of her way - to help you meet other LGBT people!! Go your mum (!)

It sounds like they did a good job of reassuring your mum too - good on them! I'm glad you got to meet other LGBT people - when I was at school, I knew none, but now I know zillions (I think it gets easier to meet them as you get older - more are out, for starters!)

Where did you find out about it? On the internet? Is it just a one-off group, or are there similar things nation-wide?

Shame about the age of the girl though (sounds like a good age for me though :wink: ) - but then, friends are always good (plus, ages matter less the older you get...).

But I think it's fantastic that you're managing to go, even if it is so far away, and that you're mum is willing to take you!!! (!) (!)

7. TriBi

Sounds good - glad it went well!