1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update on the college situation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AwesomGaytheist, Jun 12, 2013.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I've been gone for a couple days. Where was I? On campus, for the whole "orientation" thing, and while me and my partner were there together, because of the cruelty of the alphabet, we were apart the entire time. We were placed in separate groups based on the alphabetical order of our last names (Mine starts with L, his starts with a P)

At the end of a very long 16-hour day, we were all herded into the student rec center, where all the student organizations had set up tables, and after I (finally) found Brendan, we headed over to the LGBT table, and we quickly befriended a self-described "Transgender person of color" who was very...well, quirky, is I guess the best word to describe them.

We explained our situation to them about being roommates, and this was the response,

"(the university) would never do that with straight couples, not just for the whole co-ed thing, but also because if they break up, that's a big set of problems. But I'll say this. If they don't give you a room together, it's for a legit reason, like they didn't have room. But if they do have a room they can put you guys together in, then it's against the law and University policy for them to deny that just because of your orientation."

Yay!!!!!!

On an unrelated note, there's an old abandoned watchtower in the skyline from when the University ran a psych ward. The legend is that every year that a virgin graduates, a brick falls, and a brick hasn't fallen for over 50 years. Guess Justin Bieber isn't an alum.

And if you ever go to school here, don't ever step on the school logo by the library, or you'll fail all of your exams. I'd rather not try it.

2. MrBrightside

Bieber has selena gomez i think? Lucky sod...

Id take that stepping on the school logo thing as a challenge! Take a photo standing on it, then send it to the uni dated when you pass :grin:

Have you and your partner lived together before? Sometimes spending alot of time together presents challenges to relationships, even if you are solid before hand. Just something to think of :slight_smile:

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We spend so much time together that we practically live together, but we don't officially share a residence yet.