1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do u get defensive when ppl try to see thru u? Get to know u ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Unsurevirgin, Jun 13, 2013.

?

Do u get defensive when ppl get know u ?

1. No I don't care

25.0%
  2. Yes and I do care when ppl get to know me

25.0%
  3. Maybe not sure

14.3%
  4. Doesn't bother me

32.1%
  5. Yes but sometimes

28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

I get defensive when ppl see thru me ,I get afraid , I question their motives,intentions with me , I get afraid they'll notice my flaws and how I think differently and the way I speak . Has any of you felt the same way? Have u tried to lower down ur guard ? If yes how do u lower down ur guard?

#1 Unsurevirgin, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2013
  2. Sully

I definitely get defensive when people try to know me! I think that it probably has something to do with me being closeted. Recently (the last 6 months) I've started to become a lot more comfortable with letting people in. Before this time, even my best friends knew nothing deeply personal about.

Having said that. I don't really have to much deeply personal to share :/ There's two things, 1) I'm gay, 2) Someone in my family was an alcoholic. Other than that...nothing! Everyone else seems to have sooooo many issues that they share with people, but, I just don't have any!

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I'm an open book, so there's nothing to see through. :slight_smile:

4. Epiphany101

Australia, perhaps I'll reveal more....Later. ;)
    Too be honest, I wish people would want to know me. Most of the time they accept what they see and don't even try to truly get to know me.
    It almost seems like they don't even want to talk to you and they're just trying to be polite.

5. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

Omg, yes! People have actually noticed this about me. They're always like "You're always in other people's business but nobody knows anything about you". And it's true, I collect massive amounts of information about others, but hold those people at arms length when it comes to what I let them know about *me*, personally.

I guess it's a defense mechanism. I've been hurt in the past and mebbe I want to have stuff to use against other people but not let them have anything to use against me? I dunno. It's damaging, though, because after a while people start to distrust you and think you are (in the words of my own grandmother) "sneaky".

6. Reptillian

Unless you're one that I have to talk to, I'd be suspicious if you talk to me as I am a very boring person and I can only imagine someone talking to me if they have interest into me.

7. Bolin

No. Because they're always wrong. They think they can see through me, but they're always wrong. I actually find it quite amusing.

8. RainSprite

Out Status:
    Not out at all

Yeah, I pretty much feel the same way/am in the same situation.

9. Qwissen

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think that It doesn't matter if people through me. I actually want people to see through me, but at the same time I am scared.So i think i do set some kind of boundary.I think people may be trying to understand more about you, trying to be polite or friendly.

10. destiny99

destiny99 Guest

I'm usually honest, but there are a few things that I don't share easily. A lot of times, people don't really try to get to know me too well. I guess I want to have somebody to be open to, I just don't have that kind of friend yet.

11. George

It doesn't really bother me either way. I open up to new people pretty quickly when they want to get to know me. However, I don't go actively seeking out these people - I prefer to keep a small circle of close friends.

12. Vegas Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah I'm the same way. I don't really say a lot about me, but will ask all about everyone else. I don't know if its to protect myself though? :dry:

13. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

Generally speaking, I really enjoy talking with people and letting them get to know me. Just about the only thing that I don't want my friends/classmates to know is that I'm gay. I definitely don't have the support to come out to them, because the majority of them dislike homosexuals, and I really don't want people to avoid me or anything like that.

14. Convoy

Nope, not me.

I'm like the onion. I make up trivial tales about popular, current, and fictitious events to gather attention and laughs.

And I smell.

And make people cry.

WHoooo.

Nothing about layers,

that's just cliche.

I'm more like 9+ layer jawbreakers.

You can't break me without a lot of sucking.

:grin:

15. justjade

Few things piss me off more than nosy people, but what really gets me is when someone who barely knows me talks about me like they've known me forever. I'm not really popular, so needless to say, it doesn't happen often. My sister's known me all her life, but we don't talk a lot now, and when she says she knows me, it really bugs me. But when I smash a spider and my husband calls me his little killer, it's all good. He's only actually known me about 14 months. I guess it really just depends on the person and how much I like them. I don't really care so much if they're not just trying to make a point of knowing me, why the hell ever they would do that.