1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any fellow smokers on here?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by smokey-knows-all, Jun 13, 2013.

1. smokey-knows-all

ya ya I know im underage but whatever :icon_bigg
    :newcolor:

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's no such thing as a "smoker," because if they were smokers, they'd be on fire. They're not smokers, they're suckers and blowers. :wink:

3. Hexagon

Smoker pride, huh?

4. AaronMed

So true! :grin:

--

I hate to be that guy, but smoking is really bad for you. Look:

[​IMG]

I promise you you'll regret smoking when you're older. And it doesn't just hurt you, it hurts everyone you smoke around because second hand smoke is just as bad as smoking yourself. Please, please, please just stop, you'll be glad you did. It's hard, but we'll cheer you on while you quit (*hug*).

EDIT: Even worse, you're so young! Far too young to even think about such things, let alone do them.

Okay, I'm done my little rant :slight_smile:.

5. smokey-knows-all

AaronMed, last year i was actually part of a group that went around to schools and did that demo with the pigs lungs and told kids smoking was like rat poison and bla bla but look at me now lol. i havent even been smoking that long (maybe a couple months ish) but if i go more than two days without a smoke i start going crazy and craving alcohol and wanting to cut myself... I got curious and tried smoking and it kinda eased me off of alcohol and cutting, so I compare the before and after. Drinking problem, having a gallon of energy drinks a week, and cutting deeper and deeper..... or a cigarette every couple days and a tiny bit less running ability. I'll pick the second personally :newcolor:

6. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's funny.

I've never smoked and don't ever see starting. I have friends who smoke. For some reason, smokers seem more sexual to me. Call it Pavlovian. I don't know.

7. eminindo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Never smoked and afraid to try, cause knowing me I'd probably get crazy addicted haha

8. smokey-knows-all

it is crazy addictive but at least its the only demon that controls my life now. haha plus ive always quite liked burning things and the smell reminds me of my childhood

9. lsl1995

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I smoke occasionally. But I've never made a habit out of it. I can just stop cold turkey. Maybe I'm not smoking the cigarettes right or something, but I just can't get addicted to them. lol

10. MerBear

seriously hun, Smoking isn't something to be proud of. My mother was like you and did for the longest time. it can be addicting, i would quit now...once you get the chance. your 14 year's old....and even if you were older, it still wouldn't be good for you.

It may be addicting and "relaxes" you....but it comes at a price.

don't believe me? ask my dad's best friends wife who has r cancer cells in her lungs, not to mention a tumour because she won't stop smoking

i'm not trying to be bossy. i'm just trying to help you out in the future. what you decide is your decision alone.

Good luck.

11. DrWhoMyLove

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I smoke haha and I love it :slight_smile:

12. James

No, it's a disgusting habit. Both of my parents smoke.

13. Hexagon

What do you love about it?

14. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've never smoked and don't really plan to. I'd never smoke cigarettes but may smoke weed once in a while if it ever becomes legal.

15. ScatteredEarth

The sad thing is that you're still in your childhood (Along with myself) And it shouldn't even be attempted at that age. I could maybe understand the cutting yourself part because that's just what some people do for some weird reason. But the alcoholism? Where are you getting these addictions from? Did you literally spend one day doing every addiction in the book or something? Not to be that guy, but I lost my aunt to smoking (Lung cancer), my parents smoke, my sister smokes, I have asthma (Because of second hand smoke) and my cousin is showing early signs of lung cancer (She's getting it checked out tomorrow actually.)

I mean I would understand if you were a little upset with the negative comments you're getting on the subject, but bear in mind this is an LGBT forum. Not a Smokers Anonymous meeting. We care about your long term health.

---------- Post added 13th Jun 2013 at 05:31 PM ----------

Move to colorado.. Bam legal. (atleast to a certain extent..) ((And I know it's also available medicinally in CA))

16. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    "A tiny bit less running ability?"
    No, it's substantially worse than that. But I can tell you're set in your ways.

17. Spurned

Spurned Guest

I smoke and know all the health risks (so don't try bribing me to stop :dry:slight_smile:, been doing it for two years this month, so I started a few months before I turned 14. I smoke to relieve stress and anger, - since my old ways were worse - and I just enjoy it.

It was also my choice to start.

18. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh and I forgot to say this earlier: if you want to smoke, go ahead. I won't stop you. But please, please, please, don't go around with the :newcolor: about how proud you are to be a smoker. Being a smoker isn't something to be proud of. Even if you think it's not a problem, it's definitely not an advantage. So stop trying to go all "smokers pride".

19. Spurned

Spurned Guest

I've never even heard of "smokers pride" ._. D: I definitely wasn't going all "smokers pride", I was simply answering the question of "Any fellow smokers on here?" :lol: It's just I hear the same things over again, "Oh, you'll die quicker! Oh, you'll develop lung cancer! Oh, don't be so proud of it!", sometimes it's comforting knowing there's other people who know all the health risks and still smoke. I haven't found a single person in real life like that, I'm the only person my friends know that enjoys smoking and doesn't want to stop.

I don't wanna be all proud that I smoke, it's just a habit that I enjoy. ^.^

20. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't talking to you. Your post was fine, it was just saying you enjoyed smoking. But what I didn't like was thegirlyoubroke going on about how smoking had been a savior from a life of alcoholism and how she used to have this past of telling people smoking was "like rat poison," which was obviously sarcastic language.

I have no problem with people who smoke, just so long as they don't talk too close to my nose. I do have a problem with people who insist that smoking really isn't that unhealthy and that it saved them.
    End rant.