1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marijuana vs cigarettes which one is worse?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TimTomC, Jun 13, 2013.

?

Marijuana vs Cigarettes

1. Marijuana is better for you then cigarettes

44 vote(s)
    69.8%
  2. Cigarettes are better for you then Marijuana

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. They're both equal

13 vote(s)
    20.6%
  4. I'm not sure

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. TimTomC

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What do you guys think is a pot smoker worse then a cigarette smoker, reverse, or equally bad?

2. Thaliondae

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Marijuana is a less harmful substance than Tobacco, but I find myself annoyed with stoners a lot more than smokers.

3. MerBear

my thoughts

4. KnownSecret

The worst part about Marijuana is that your inhaling plant matter, if you ate edibles there would absolutely be nothing wrong with Marijuana. And to the subject of which is worst, it truly depends. Some people that smoke pot are super annoying and you just want to shoot them, but there are some people that are really chilled out and don't smoke weed for attention it plays in the same role as alcohol because some people that drink (pretty good majority) get a lot more annoying when they are sober. As for cigarette smokers, they come in all shapes and sizes so it truly wouldn't be someone you could say is annoying lol. Maybe the smell of the cigarettes but I smoke so I really can't get offended by it, but me I will ask the person I am around if they have a problem with people smoking before I even light it.

#4 KnownSecret, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  5. TimTomC

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I smoke pot on occasion, and I don't think I'm annoying, lol but I might be wrong. XD

6. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Marijuana is better for you than cigarettes, this isn't even debatable. Marijuana even has medicinal effects and might one day help cure cancer. Cigarettes are pure poison.

7. TimTomC

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Do you guys think its better to eat pot brownies, or smoke pot?

8. Thaliondae

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pot Brownies. But that is probably just the fatty in me(Not literally) perking up.

9. smokey-knows-all

ive heard over and over that one joint has the same amount of tar as several cigarettes, but I personally don't care what people do because it's their choice as long as they don't come be annoying about it
    so ya
    my opinion :grin:

10. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Inhaling smoke is always going to carry harmful effects for your lungs. Using a vaporizer for pot would eliminate the problems associated with smoking it.

11. George

Marijuana is certainly better for you than cigarettes though personally I won't touch either of them.

12. KnownSecret

Using a Vape doesn't completely eliminate the problems, but it does drastically reduce them. And to TimTomC it's truly all preference, some prefer to eat edibles and some prefer to smoke. But on a level of it being good for you pot brownies would be better for you then smoking it because as I said above your inhaling plant matter when you smoke it. Medically it depends on your problem, if your pain is extreme edibles would be where you go. But if you only need small dose of THC then smoke it.

I'm super pro Marijuana for medical reasons, because I have family members that use it completely medically not just to get high. Marijuana has helped my cousin who has a brain tumor on his brain that he has been suffering with since he was born. If there wasn't just a frowned upon look to Marijuana medical science would be far a head of where we are, because Marijuana is a miracle drug.

#12 KnownSecret, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  13. Thaliondae

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The sort of thing I'm glad to see, even if it does make me and my black lungs feel like a sad hypocrite.

14. TimTomC

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't have a medical reason to use it, its for peer pleasure.

15. KnownSecret

Well I don't have a problem with people doing it for the high, people get drunk a lot and no one really says anything about them lol. Imo drunk people are a lot more annoying to be around then people smoking weed especially if you yourself is sober.

16. 2112

Without the smoke, it has no negative health effects. It's actually much safer than a can of Coke...

17. MerBear

agree. i find them equally annoying. the people i know who smoke pot and drink..not in general

18. Vegas Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh they are both pretty bad. Cigarettes are worse for your lungs than marijuana. But marijuana is not good for you by any means. No one smokes marijuana because of what it does to your lungs or liver. They smoke it because it alters your mind. Marijuana does negatively affect your brain.

I think they are equally bad and frankly, I wouldn't date someone who smokes either. But thats just me.

19. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

Weed is definitely better for you than cigarettes. I smoke marijuana frequently, but I quit smoking cigs a while back due to choir and swim team. There aren't too many downsides to toking up. It makes music incredible and everything seems really humorous, beautiful, and interesting. Last week I was smoking with some friends down by a creek, and later we went into McDonald's, and this really weird beeping noise ringing out through the building, and we thought that it was the funniest thing in the world. Anyways, as long as you don't smoke before a test, you should be fine. Just be responsible about consuming it.

20. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Sorry, but what you are basing your opinions of marijuana on? What are the negative effects of marijuana that make it so bad you wouldn't date someone who used it?