1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When did you know / suspect you're gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mitchell, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Mitchell

So.. how old were you when you first started to know or suspect it?

I suspected it at 10... at 12 I knew and it made me depressed.

Then, at 14 I came out.

2. KnownSecret

When I was in 1st or second grade I got really curious about guys :slight_smile: and ever since then I kept lookin at guys!! I have never been as curious about girls as I have been about guys :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was 14, and I was in the locker room, seeing all these guys coming out of the shower...the evidence was kind of _hard_ to hide.

4. Amerigo

I always new I liked girls and boys, but my liking for boys and that side of my being was suppressed, so I'd say around 16 did I open up a little bit to myself.

5. Mitchell

lmao

6. Epiphany101

Australia, perhaps I'll reveal more....Later. ;)
    I'm not gay, but I only really accepted the fact recently that neither was I straight. After a bit of research and soul searching, I came to the conclusion that I was a pansexual.
    My parents were on the easiest end of Homophobic all my life and always questioned me about my sexuality, (repeated questioning of "Are you Gay? It's okay if you are...".
    All my life I haven't associated well with my gender or my age for that matter...I was always interested in things that weren't stereotypical male interests. I liked drama for instance, I liked to imagine and pretend.

7. AlamoCity

One of the first instances I know of was in early elementary school when my dad took me to a waterpark. He went to use the bathroom and I loitered in the locker room area and watched a man strip off his speedo. It was the first time I saw a naked man; and I liked it. I didn't know I was "gay," but did probably realized that society did not approve of that.

8. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Suspected at 11, knew at 13-14, came out at 14-present day.

9. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Fourth grade was when I realized I liked girls. Had a crush on my best friend (who, actually, would be my first 'girlfriend' and who'd later come out as genderqueer masculine).
    Kept imagining kissing them, got butterflies, etc. Couldn't have been older than 9 at the time. Came to terms with it at 14.

10. Garciano

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    13! I knew i liked my boy classmate, i only liked boys so i knew im gay

11. Frumpy Pigskin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I knew when I was 16.

12. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Guest

The very first sign I remember was when I was 5 or 6 but I managed to ignore it and so many other signs for about 18 years.

13. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

I had a crush on a guy named Ryan when I was in kindergarten, so I suppose that I suspected since I was 5 or so. That started solidating till I was certain I was LGBT by my seventh birthday. I, well, rather embarrassingly thought that I was bisexual until somewhat recently, when I began, uhhhh, feeling attracted to men exclusively, at which point, or so, I began using Empty closets. Now I know that the proper term for my sexuality would be a biromantic homosexual (I love the romantic orientation system, it makes everything much easier). If kinsey could be applied to the romantic orientation system, I would say I was a 4 romantically and a 6 sexually. So I suppose when I knew or suspected would be 7 when I suspected, and 13 when I knew.

14. Counting Stars

I'm a Malaysian Chinese. Now living in Sydney
    I become obviously attracted to guys at 13. But I never thought of the word "gay" till 15 lol. :grin:

15. Hexagon

I think I knew I was trans at about 3. I kind of brought those thoughts into my conscious mind when I was five. Came out at about 15. I knew I was bi/pan at 12.

16. evora

It was first brought to my attention at 11 but I didn't want to hear about it at the time. Then I became obsessed with Angelina Jolie at 15 and as I was reading something about her, I came across the term 'bisexual' and I thought 'That's what I am too.' but I kept ignoring it for very long and then in November 2012 it just suddenly hit me as I found out about Sue Perkins and for the first time in my life I thought 'I actually want to have sex with this person.' so that was an eye opener for me. I still wasn't okay with being gay and I'm still not completely fine with it but Sue Perkins changed my life for the better. :slight_smile:

I wish I figured it out a lot sooner though. After all, I've had unlimited access to the internet in my own room since late 2005 / early 2006. How could I not know? (But I suppose it was more like I didn't want to know.)

17. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I've been watching R-rated movies since I was seven. In some movie, there was this one steamy scene, and I can remember thinking "man, I'd like to feel those boobies." So circa the age of seven.

But, I figured it was normal to like girls and guys until a couple years ago.

18. AaronMed

I shallowly suspected when I was 11, seriously suspected when I was 13, knew when I was 14, accepted myself when I was 18, became comfortable with it when I was 19, and came out at 20 (present day) :slight_smile:.

19. eatsleepclimb

I was sort of wondering about my sexuality when I was twelve, and was seriously questioning when I was 13 (not a fun year) when I had this giant straight-girl crush that drove me crazy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. I'm pretty sure now, I'm still young so I guess I can't be positive? I've never been attracted romantically/sexually to boys, but I definitely have for girls :icon_redf so maybe there's a small chance that I'll turn out to be bi? But probably not :grin:

20. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I immediately noticed that I was interested in guys when I started the 1st grade. We had a very good looking male teacher, and yeah... just 'yea', lol.

I had my first kiss with my best friend at age 10/11. We used to hold hands and shit, too. I loved it, and his mother hated me... I don't think I need to explain what happens next.

I became "fully developed" around 15 when I just couldn't get it out of my head, ended up sleeping with somebody whom I won't name (just say he's a friend).

I tried getting into women, and for whatever reason I still found that women were 'attractive, but couldn't have sex with them, so I force-bred for a while (w/o the breeding ^_^) and so there you have it. :3

#20 Shadowsettler, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013