1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just venting. Don't mind me.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by justjade, Jun 14, 2013.

1. justjade

I'm getting pretty fed up with my family, especially my sister. She comes to me wanting advice, and then she shoots down every suggestion I make. I swear to God, I've tried everything, and nothing gets through. It wouldn't even bother me so much if she wasn't so self-righteous about everything and didn't pretend to value my opinion until I actually state it. :bang:

Not only that, but she keeps calling me "woman" and "girl" ALL THE DAMN TIME! I've told her I don't like it, and every time, it's met with, "But you are a girl." Sure, maybe this whole genderfluid thing is just hard for her to digest since she's known me her entire life, but can she at least try to show some consideration? I am a lot of things, but a girl is not one of them. I don't care that I was one, that at some point, however briefly, I did truly identify with my female body and what it meant from a societal standpoint. I :***:ing hate the way she treats me. She's so condescending, and all she has to say about herself is, "I'm just brutally honest". She's not honest. The things she says are blatantly disrespectful and most of the time aren't even true. She lies to everyone because evidently she has a reputation to protect or something. She says she's so honest, but she doesn't even want to look at the truth about who she is, which is a :***: damn liar and a bigot. Even though she's always saying she needs to talk about something or wants advice, she gets mad when I tell her the reality of her situation.

Whenever she talks about me, she talks like she knows everything about me, and my gut reaction is to shout, "Bitch, you don't know me", but I keep my mouth shut. The truth is that she doesn't know me because she doesn't care to.

That day we were visiting our friends, she also felt the need to point out that I was wearing guys' jeans. She said, "Yeah, I can tell because the back pockets are really low." I don't like the fact that she's making a big deal out of something I've always been. When I came out to her, she claimed she always knew I was having some gender identity issues. So why even bother pointing that out? Yeah, I don't mind talking to people about it if they're curious, but I don't appreciate being put on the spot like that. I can only imagine the heads that would roll if she made a comment like that in front of the rest of our family. They'd probably all start asking me questions that I don't feel comfortable answering for them yet. I'm an intensely private person. I take my coffee black with a heaping tablespoon of solitude. I don't want people in my business. I don't want to be alienated.

The point is (after all that nonsense) that I just want to be. I don't want to make a federal case out of this. I don't want to potentially be used for a private Q&A session. Maybe I'm just mad right now. I don't know. But what I do know is that this has got to stop. I am so sick of being treated like I'm weird just because I don't want to be called a girl. I just don't like how limited her perception of everything is. I thought things had finally gotten better, too. I thought I was finally getting comfortable with myself, and then this happens, and I'm suddenly reminded of how scared I am of what my family thinks of me. :bang:

Anyway, that's my rant. If you read all this, kudos, and thanks for bearing with me. If you feel a need to share your thoughts on this post, please do. Any insight would be welcome. I promise not to argue with anyone who comments on this post but rather to explain myself further or make a simple non-argumentative reply if need be. Have a nice day.