1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Simba29, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Simba29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Had someone say right to your face that you are a sinner and disgusting for even having sexual thoughts about the same sex? If so how did this make you feel? I did once and this person made me feel disgusted with myself..thankfully I got over it and no longer feel this way anymore!

2. Hexagon

Yes. I was at a gay marriage rally outside the house of lords and a street preacher came along and started walking around saying this like "God hates sin, sodomy is sin". Every so often, he would attempt to engage in a one to one conversation with someone. He told me I was a sinner, and that jesus would save me from my sin. I told him I wasn't a sinner, and neither was he, because sin didn't exist.

The experience made me feel validated, in a way. I can now say I've defended LGBT people from a preacher. Perhaps in the way that things can't be considered truly real unless they're attacked by the daily mail or fox news.

Of course, I've heard this stuff countless times online and from the TV. It doesn't affect me much. I know there are people out there who would hate me for who I am, but there are also a great many who would love me, and I feel confident that history will be on the side of the just, eventually.

3. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, but just because i'm not out yet and people assume me to be straight. I'm sure i'll come across it when I do come out though. There are tons of people out there with backwards beliefs.

4. catoptriclenses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  5. CupidBoy

CupidBoy Guest

Yeah, my dad. What a loser he is.

6. Lady

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not to me directly, but my father is one of the most close minded, prejudiced people I've had the displeasure of knowing; for example, he is constantly bashing the gay community, and one of my bestfriends back in my home town is ftm- the things he say to him, and behind his back to family, makes me sick to my stomach. Not really about same-sex relationships, but related to the topic nonetheless. Probably why I won't be coming out to my family until there is no choice, like walking in on me and another girl.

7. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Kind of, it wasn't directed to me, just gays in genereal.. I was really pissed, but I think it's kind of funny

8. maracont

The awkward area between bible belt and large city
    Not yet, as im only out to awesome parents and another bi friend. I bet i wont once i come out though, the Austin area seems pretty cool with LGBT.

9. leer

A few people at school when I came out and they had found out I was expecting it but It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be at first ended up in a few fights .

10. AKTodd

Not quite that directly. Had the principles daughter in HS tell me I was going to hell for being an atheist. I told her I couldn't wait to get home and see my infernal father. She did not like this answer:grin:

In college had a Muslim co-worker (from Arkansas, he converted to Islam from Catholicism or something) more or less try to tell me this. I smiled and tied him up in verbal knots. We ended up getting along better for the experience.

Some years ago, one of my direct reports (a former preacher) tried to talk me into reparative therapy for reasons of sin and religion. When I pointed out that, being an atheist, none of his beliefs or arguments had any value or meaning for me, he didn't know what to do and the discussion ended with him being very unhappy. I took great amusement/pleasure in his distress.

Todd:slight_smile:

11. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, it was some ultra-Christian asshole who didn't know I was gay.

12. Stray

My first boyfriend (if you could call him that) told me (after we'd masturbate together) that what we did was wrong and a sin, multiple times. Never seemed to stop him from keeping on doing it though, till he stopped talking to me completely and joined a frat on campus that bars gays from joining (BYX).

13. biggayguy

Yes, it was an idiot KKK protestor at the Pride parade. I felt angry that he didn't know me at all, amused because he was the one that looked stupid, a little afraid because I know what the KKK can do, and thankful for about twenty police officers between us and them.

14. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yep when my mom found this cite...I'm so deep in the closet its not even funny.

15. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Let's put it this way - it doesn't even need to be said that way. It can be said in a more courteous manner, and keep you from participating in religion.

16. MerBear

Yes my friend alex. the first person i came out to actually

17. charmander

I Have A Lot Of Christian Friends Who like me to think that I'm wrong in life, Yeah I feel like crap but then I just draw a detailed satan symbol on my hand :3

18. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not to my face, but I have been told gayness is sinful. The one who told me is a great Christian otherwise though, and cares as much for me now as before she knew I liked guys.

19. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't gotten hate for my orientation (I suspect a lot of conservatives would like my orientation - in the Bible they hint that it's preferable to being straight). But as a 5-9 year old kid with behavior problems (PTSD and undiagnosed autism) my teachers told me many times I was going to go to Hell. Part of the reason I became an atheist.

20. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My old best friend. It made me feel like :***: I just don't understand. I'm a strong Christian but no better than it being a:***: sin. It's funny though my conservative Christian friend doesn't approve but leaves it alone. If more people knew when to keep their:***: opinions to their selves.