1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going Interstate

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by awesomeap88, Apr 22, 2008.

1. awesomeap88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tomorrow, for the first time in almost 3 years I am heading interstate to Victoria for a few days. I am not going for a holiday but I am competing in a state-of-origin competition racing inflatable boats, which should be awesome fun (unless the surf is really big, then it will be scary, and it doesn't take much to scare me in the surf). Unfortunately, it means that I will not be able to go on EC until Sunday (I hope). And double unfortunately, the day after I get back home, I am back at uni so I won't be on here as often as I have been the past week or so.

So to all participants in the Day of Silence on Friday, I wish you all the best of luck. To those who aren't, have a nice day too.

And if I don't make it (and I hope I do), good luck to Pirateninja and Vampyrecat at their upcoming wedding on Sunday. :slight_smile:

2. panda

Good Luck !!:goodluck:

3. Vampyrecat

Aww thankies! You'll probably end up being closer to me then you realise. I live in victoria. By the sea. :grin: Have a great time and best of luck!

4. awesomeap88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Believe it or not, I have returned from Victoria, cold, tired, a little worse for wear but I returned alive and in one piece.

I made the finals of both events that I was in on the first day of competition (the actual state-of-origin comp), although we didn't win either of them (not that I cared, it's about finishing the race, not about winning or losing to me).
    I was supposed to be competing in two races the next day (which was a standard Victorian competition with interstate clubs like us), but we only set up one boat and I volunteered to drop one race so someone else could keep their race and then over half the team decided to drop out for the rest of the day because it was freezing. I dropped out at this point and ended up spending most of the day inside trying to keep warm and babysitting another team member's children while she was competing.

Overall, I had a great time and I hope no one missed me too much. I think I need to go to bed now because I am so tired and I have to get up early.

5. italianheather1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone