1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends Reflecting Inner Beauty

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Noir, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Noir

It's really the strangest thing!! I haven't felt this way in a long time, but today I'm going to a party and a lot of our friends from my high school will be there. When I start thinking about it, all I can think for some reason is how "I'm not pretty enough!!" :eek: This happens whenever I'm faced with a situation with meeting people from my high school. I get an overwhelming anxiety and start feeling like I'm not good enough when I'm about to leave the car and approach a high school friend's party, even if I have a fun time afterwards.

And strangely enough, even though I haven't changed appearance, I felt beautiful just being in my own skin last week when I went to a party that my newest college friend was hosting. There were many people I didn't know there, but I just felt so comfortable! Even now, I just made myself feel better browsing through my photos of me and my friends this past year at college.

I guess I love my college self and my high school self was even more insecure than I thought? It just amazes me that it's such a severe difference! For anyone feeling like me this time that you're not "good enough" or "not good-looking enough," or "not fun enough," it's not you! You're all amazing and your own awesome person, and you're truly happiest with friends who enjoy you for being YOU and make you FEEL beautiful!

I kind of want to thank my college friends for this in a message of some sort, but I feel like that would be really weird! On the other hand, it might make them happy that they brightened up someone's life--mine! :lol: