1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you have this problem?!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Qwissen, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Qwissen

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I look so young for my age!:dry: I am 17( sorry it says 18 :icon_redf I accidentally pressed 1995 instead of 1996 and dont know how to change it) I am going to college in 3 month, but people think i am 13,14 or 15 :tears: . Do you guys have the same problem?!
    Picture in profile!!

2. Night Rain

Looking young is bliss. Embrace it. And no, you don't look too young for your age at all. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. MerBear

You Look 17 ...You look fine. :slight_smile:
    I dont know why people say 13, 14 ...you look your age....you look kind of older...like 19

4. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I agree with the others, in your profile pic you look college age, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

More broadly though, why would people view it as a "problem" if you looked younger anyway?

5. Tiny Catastrophe

I have that issue. I'll be 21 in a few months and I look like I'm 16 according to most people. People loveeee to card me for cigarettes and then look back and forth at me and at my ID real closely and I've even had people say that my ID wasn't me -_-.

6. Qwissen

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    XD they dont have a problem with it. I have a problem with it cauz people would ask for my ID and not my friends. I went to the Gym for the first time and the receptionist thought that i was 15 year old so she ask me if i had someone with me because the policy says that people under 17 needs supervision.

-Sorry if i have any misspelling XD

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2013 at 06:05 PM ----------

Aww that sucks!! (*hug*)

7. KnownSecret

I agree with everyone else that says that you don't look younger you look college age. Maybe even 18-19 of age, the people that say you look 13-15 must be blind haha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Well asking for ID doesn't necessarily mean anything. It might be their policy to ask anyone who looks like they are under 30 to present ID. That's how it works with IDing for alcohol purchases around here. Or it might just be an asshole receptionist who wants to make your life miserable.

As people here have said, you do NOT look like a 15 year old, perhaps some of these folks you've encountered need to get new prescriptions for their glasses.

9. RainSprite

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I look younger than my sister who is 5 years younger than me. This is what usually throws people off. They'll guess my age somewhere in the teens (16-18) I think? When I was younger, I was mistaken for an older age. Especially when I was in my preteens. That being said though, I currently weigh less and am still the same height as when I was 11 years old - so that might have something to do with it.

10. Ahri

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh you're so lucky! Just imagine it this way - people will think you're a kid and maybe you can get away with things that adults can't lol.

11. CupidBoy

CupidBoy Guest

You look beautiful. Yeah, people always think I'm younger too. I understand the frustration. Maybe you could wear makeup to look older?

12. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People tend to give me a year or three more in person. When they call for me on the phone and I answer they ask for my son. I dont have a son, I'm ******** Jr.

13. maracont

The awkward area between bible belt and large city
    i have the opposite deal, but its not a problem. Looking older is a bit of an advantage at a younger age, i donno why, but it feels like an advantage. You shouldnet worry like these people say.

14. Sarcastic Luck

I have that problem a lot. I usually get mistaken for being 14 or so. The other day, someone on facebook claimed I looked ten. I"m not entirely sure if they were being serious or snarky though.

I pretty much hate it. It's hard to get people my own age to take me seriously, but I expect that has to do more with my short height.

15. Bassplayer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I get people thinking I'm older a lot. I worked on a sailboat for a month, a few weeks back, and when people would come on the boat, they would ask my age. I always told them I was a senior, and they assumed college, not high school. the highest guess was 24. I was stoked.