1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally seeing eating disorder recovery!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aussie792, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry, don't know where else to put this, but I'm finally beginning to recover from anorexia and bulimia. I have gained eight or so kilos in the past two months (in muscle as well as fat), haven't starved myself in a month, and I've reduced purging to a maximum of once every three days (rather than roughly five to fifteen times daily). I have a while to go, but I just want to say to those suffering that there is hope. :slight_smile: And I can see that my body is actually skinny now, rather than the distorted image I had (still not nearly normal, but improved perception), even when a fair bit thinner (aka skeletal). Sorry, just had to say it somewhere, and I see a counsellor next week too, so I think I'll be fine within a year, fingers crossed.

2. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats on your progress, Aussie! I'm sure you'll get to where you want to be and better :grin:

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  4. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

Congrats! I've been there with anorexia. My BMI was at 17 for a while and dropping rapidly and I still convinced myself I was fat. I would go entire days without eating and often ate less than a thousand calories. I looked horrible (people said I looked like a walking corpse) and I feIt horrible. It was a dark time but I am thankfully recovering (now up to 18.6 BMI).
    Good for you for finally taking this step. It can be sooo hard to face this particular problem.

5. RainSprite

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Congratulations, and good luck :slight_smile:

6. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

I'm having a recovery too :slight_smile: I'm eating alot more now :slight_smile:

7. justjade

That's great news, Aussie! Sounds like you've made some excellent progress. I applaud you for your strength and initiative. :slight_smile:

8. evora

Congrats!:slight_smile:

9. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm really glad for you.. I have a similar problem, just with the bulimia, but I never lost any weight (sadly), but I eventually forgot about.. so I think I never had the disorder,, just did the action and was feigning. Now I feel like an asshole (which I am)