1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any fellow Pagans here?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Theagonist, Jun 14, 2013.

?

Your Pagan Path?

1. Asatru (Norse/Germanic)

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Duidism (Celtic)

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Hellenism (Greek)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Kemetism (Eypgtian)

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. Shinto (Japenese

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Wicca

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  7. Eclectic (Blend of dirrent pantheons)

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  8. Thelema (Aleister Crowley)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Native American Path

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  10. Shamanism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Something else I didn't mention...

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm, personally an Agnostic-Pantheist, and I believe the Pagan gods are kind of like human archetypes, but kind of feel a connection with certain ones, kind of hard to explain.. mainly Rhiannon(Welsh), like a motherly feel, like I feel at home when I read about her... I also love Hekate (Greek), and various others, mainly Celtic ones like Cernunnos (I wrote a poem about him :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), oh and Brigid is awesome too. But lately I haven't felt much connections with any gods, it kind of bums me out... oh well

2. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I'm an atheist...but during high school I went through a phase when I was obsessed with Graeco-Roman mythology....all those gods and goddesses and their stories are so much more fun and interesting than Judeo-Christian rubbish.

Plus I liked to play games like Zeus (and Poseidon) and Caesar III and Age of Mythology where the Graeco-Roman gods were part of the game.

I'm still waiting for my own Apollo of course, the epitome of male beauty...

3. justjade

I love the various pagan religions. I'm eclectic and agnostic. I believe in magick and divination. I've wanted to go to a Wiccan cover meeting, but I only know a handful of Wiccans, and at least a couple of them don't have a coven. I can't really say I straight-up believe in a god or gods, but I do believe in the order of The Universe. It's hard to explain, but I believe that there is a greater force that guides us all to our greatest good. That's all I really know. I'm not sure if anyone would really call me a pagan though. I'm not really sure.

4. Ridiculous

I thought that was Adonis, not Apollo? Maybe it was both.

5. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

You can have Adonis and I can have Apollo. Double date next Friday sound good? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Ridiculous

Well I'm not going to say no :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Ticklish Fish

maybe Rakkaus wants a sun-god and do hot things? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

what's Adonis's power again besides male sexiness?

8. Ridiculous

I think it was just male sexiness.

9. Ticklish Fish

But I thought ancient Roman or Greek society prefers smaller penis for sexiness

10. Foxface

Egyptian - Follow Isis and Osiris personally

Though I find myself either moving towards Pure Land Buddhism or combining them...dunno how it works

Foxface

11. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't know about Greeks, but the Romans desired small and uncircumsized ones.. and they thought the opposite was barbarian. Thank god those so-called barbarians happen to be my ancestors lol

12. moonwillow

I definitely consider myself of the eclectic persuasion. Mostly Celtic and Egyptian with bits of Native American thrown in for good measure. I don't practice rituals or magic except on very rare occasions, but I do look to various deities for guidance in certain matters and pray to them when I feel the urge.

13. tryhtwfr

Well I'm becoming more Liberal towards Paganism thanks to Theagonist :grin:

14. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

Eh, I don't really know where Bobbyism would fall on the pagan spectrum, so I put that I was other. Isachaba rules!!!

15. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I consider myself a pagan, with a small p. My beliefs aren't all that codified, though I do see a certain beauty/mystery in nature, and have some sense of animal spirits. And I like all that's represented by the God Pan,though I wouldn't say I 'believe' in him, per se.

I'm more of an atheist, all an all, though when I get slightly spiritual, this is the direction it tends to take.

Oh, also: I think the orgasm is a sort of spiritual state, something I see as somehow 'holy'.

16. Hun

Hun

I can't say that I'm necessarily a beliver, but I've always had an affinity to two pantheons in particular- the Norse/Germanic pantheon and the Magyar pantheon.

17. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I can't say I know anything about the Magyar pantheon... Hungarian, right?

18. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Both the Greeks and the Romans considered uncircumisized penises desirable and circumcised penises strange and undesirable. Circumcised penises were associated only with barbarians from the desert, no Greek or Roman would ever be circumcised.

The Greeks had no problem with public male nudity, because it did not suggest anything sexual or obscene- unless the glans of the penis were exposed. Thus to participate in Greek athletic games, men would tie their foreskins shut with a leather string called a kynodesme.

In order to compete in Greek athletic games, circumcised Hellenic Jews would tie weights to their penises in order to stretch their skin to eventually cover it with a reconstructed foreskin, thus inventing foreskin restoration. This practice of course outraged Jewish religious leaders, who began an even harsher method of circumcision, removing even more skin, to try to prevent Jews from assimilating into Greek society.

Classical history lesson for the day...:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. Hun

Hun

Indeedy.

20. Split Arrows

I voted as "druid" but that doesn't really cover it. I am definitely Celtic Heathen.

A bit of clarification though. The druigh class really just means the "learned class" meaning those that have studied scholarly pursuits; these could include healers, poets, lawyers, archivists, etc. The average period before one would be considered "druid" was, approximately, 20 years.