1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FtM Facial Hair?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by justjade, Jun 14, 2013.

1. justjade

I'm not sure if I want to transition yet, if at all, but I was wondering what I'd look like with some stubble. I've read about using mascara to darken existing peach fuzz, but I'm not sure how well that would work. I've also heard that when you shave, it grows back thicker. The only thing I'm worried about with that is I have sensitive skin. I couldn't shave my face every day, and if I didn't like the way it looked, I'm not sure what I could do about it. I also go through a lot of phases, so if I liked face shaving for a while but it didn't stick, I'd just be fucked, I guess. Plus, my husband would probably be weirded out by it, and eventually, I might be, too. I'm not good with Photoshop, and I'm too chicken shit to ask any of the graphic designers I know to help me out. I guess what I'm getting at is that I'm curious, but I'm not sure what to do. I feel silly even asking this. I'm a redhead, so if I was actually a biological male and shaved my face, a 5 o'clock shadow probably wouldn't be very visible. I'm not sure....

Any tips? Thoughts? Should I even be entertaining this thought?

2. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I'm pretty sure that the idea that shaving causes hair to grow back in thicker and darker is a myth.

At first the hair may appear darker because you've shaved the tip off, leaving only the blunt, thicker, darker root of the hair. Once it grows in fully, though, it should look the same as before.

But I'm pretty sure they sell beard and mustache wigs, have you considered trying one of them to see what you would look like?

3. Ridiculous

It is a myth. It just seems thicker because the end is blunt instead of tapered and the short length makes it stiff and unbending.

4. Hexagon

Shaving doesn't work. Trust me, I tried it. Pre-T guys do have other reasons for shaving though. Adult men don't have peach fuzz, so it can sometimes help to shave it off. Just try the mascara, the worst that will happen is you have to wash it off.

5. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Plus as you grow into adulthood your hair naturally gets thicker (facial hair anyway)

6. justjade

I thought about it, but false facial hair from a costume or theater supplier can get expensive. I'm not sure I want the appearance of a lot of facial hair. Thanks for clarifying on the shaving thing, though. Now I can do it without having to worry. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 15th Jun 2013 at 02:24 PM ----------

I think I might do that. I'm not 100% on the technique, but I'm sure with enough practice, I'm sure I could get good. When I did wear makeup, I could apply mascara with my mouth closed, which is evidently almost impossible. I'm going to try. I think I could stand to shave it off and see how it looks. Evidently, the exfoliation from shaving helps stimulate collagen production, keeping skin looking younger longer. Thanks for your advice, everyone! :grin: