1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parts of the Far Right in the UK seem to be trying to attrace LGBT people

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beware Of You, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

On twitter lately there have been reports of EDL people trying to entice LGBT people to support them, arguing that Fundamental Islam wants to put us to death and therefore the EDL and the like are "protecting homosexuals", I got dragged into an argument with one claiming nonsense like 80% of homophobic crimes are down to Muslims etc. , its just a worrying new things for me. The far right used to be so homophobic and now I am worried that they will try and latch onto anti LGBT crimes committed by anyone who isn't British and then claim to be "protecting us"

2. tryhtwfr

I think you are right, it's like when Hitler started appealing to all classes in the later 1920s/early 1930s. They just want more support especially since LGBT really feel segregated in the UK, but I find EDL sick and have no respect for people whatsoever.

3. Hexagon

I have a feeling it won't work. But still, it is worrying.

4. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

I think that the UK is quite a homosexuality supporting country. I know that the only politician that supports gay marriage is David Cameron, but we seem to be fine with it.

5. Harve

There are many, many more politicians in the UK supporting gay marriage than David Cameron!

This reminds me of the BNP encouraging white people to procreate more in order to 'repopulate the UK', and also, in a bizarre twist, encouraging more immigration from Eastern Europe because they're white, have higher rates of church attendance and would therefore help the UK become more white and Christian. It seems that LGBT people and Eastern European immigrants are seen as a lesser evil compared to the 'real enemy', which I assume is Islam.

6. Hexagon

All of the major party leaders support it. A majority of liberal democrat and labour leaders support gay marriage. And some tories, but I don't think its a majority.