1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a question about sapioromantism

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SeaMist, Jun 15, 2013.

1. SeaMist

Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope this is the right place to post this, as it doesn't merit support or advice, but rather a general question powered by curiosity- is it possible to be a homo-sapioromantic homosexual (or just a sapioromantic homosexual)? I came across the term 'sapiosexual' here on EC, which was denied by Collins Dictionary (on the basis that it wasn't used enough to merit being a word) but was dedfined as "One who finds intelligence the most sexually attractive feature; behaviour of becoming attracted to or aroused by intelligence and its use." well, a few more google searches and I came across sapioromantism. However, it was usually used with asexuals or demisexuals, most likely because of the superlative nature of the term- that intelligence has to be the most attractive feature, which brings me to my question: could you be a homo-sapioromantic homosexual, which (to my understanding) would say, intelligence is the most attractive trait in members of the your same sex, and you are sexually attracted to them as well. And would that imply that the sapioromantic in sapioromantic homosexual would imply biromanism?

2. Sully

Couldn't you just be gay...and find a intelligence hot trait?

3. Ridiculous

Well, yes, but using that term would cross the line between 'useful information' and 'being pretentious'.

Just use homoromantic homosexual. You don't need to specifically label which part of someone's personality (i.e. their intelligence in this case) you find most attractive, any more than you need to label which physical traits you find attractive.

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Yes.

But to me, the bigger question is, why would one consider that important enough to incorporate into their identity label? I understand it in one's label if they're demi/asexual, because that could be the only thing they're attracted to, but when you have a major prefix like "homo-" or "hetero-" or "bi-" that you can attach to your label, I don't see why "saphio-" needs to go on there. By that idea, because body size is the most prominent characteristic for me when it comes to which guy I'm attracted to, I could label my sexuality as "mega-homosexual".

5. MerBear

i have never heard sapioromanticism....