1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parents not bringing up religion.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Zam, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Have some of you religious parents,but who never used religion to disaproove of you because you are LGBT?

2. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do. My parents are left-wing Christians. About the only area of social policy in which they agree with the religious right over the left is abortion. They always made it pretty clear to me that whatever the Bible may say about homosexuality, it is not a sin. Their view is that the Bible was written by people trying to interpret what God wanted, and they could have gotten stuff wrong.

3. Mine are fairly religious but they're gay-accepting. God bless them :thumbsup:

4. Hexagon

Yeah, my parents are religious and non-homophobic. They are transphobic, though, but not for religious reasons :frowning2:

5. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

When my sister (gay) was coming out to our mom she mentioned how Sinead O'Connor (cuz our mom loves her music) considered herself 1/4 gay or something and she was like "Well, she's 1/4 going to hell". She then suggested Christian "Reparative Therapy" to her, and my sister ended up being homeless to get away from her :frowning2:

She *has* eased up a LOT over the years, and I feel like she has really progressed. She genuinely doesn't seem to be bothered by it, anymore. I also think she's sort of starting to have some doubts with her faith :\

6. vrrml

my mum is sort of religious, she was brought up catholic and believes in god, but disagrees with a lot of what they say. i think she generally just likes to stick with love everyone.