1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My city's pride was today!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by smokey-knows-all, Jun 15, 2013.

1. smokey-knows-all

my mom actually drove me there (i was surprised as hell) but there wasnt any parking for the parade. so we went to the festival thing at the park and it was awesome! We brought my homophobic brother and lets just say he found it quite "interesting"
    my grandpa saw my pride bandana and said he's burn it :frowning2:
    (I tied it on my cat! cat wasn't happy)

overall good day ALSO MY BIRTHDAYY
    :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: :birthday: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:
    hope everyone else had a good day

2. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Haha my local pride parade was on my birthday too, it's fun that way, so :birthday:

Hopefully this is the first of many more Prides!

3. leer

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :slight_smile: am glad it went well. grate way to spend your birthday

4. maracont

The awkward area between bible belt and large city
    wow cool. Im a bit shy so i donno if i would go to a pride, but it sounds pretty cool. I mean, i dont really know much about them, since i am a bit new to LGBT (cause im like 13) but i bet i would go to one after some research!
    ####
    ====
    ####
    |
    |
    did it work? did i make a bi flag?

#4 maracont, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  5. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't live in a city, but one of the cities in my state has its Pride today and tomorrow
    (I went today :slight_smile: )

6. smokey-knows-all

I'm at my grandparents house tonight using the private browsing thingy so I don't get outed by the history lol. I miss my cat :frowning2: I had waaayy too much caffeine the other day and sat down with my cat and came out to him. Oh well, he'll always love me :grin: People need to be like animals and love unconditionally. Are there gay animals?

7. Acobi

Acobi Guest

I just came back from my City's Pride as well. It was my first time attending and it was A-MAZING! I'm going back tomorrow as I signed up to volunteer for part of the day.

8. Bassplayer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Was it awesome?!? I'm in Denver, but I'm also with my family, so I'm not going. I want to go though!

9. Acobi

Acobi Guest

It was so so great! I just realized how many other Coloradans replied to this thread. Denver's Pride Fest is definitely one of the better ones in the US. Worth seeing if you can make the trip! :grin:

10. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

It's said that over 1,500 species have been found to exhibit homosexuality so, yes, there are. :wink:

That being said, Portland, which I live an hour from, had pride today. I was hoping to make it up but couldn't work out transportation. My hometown's having pride in August so I'm hoping to make an appearance there (presenting as male, if all goes well).

So y'all have fun at Pride. Be gay! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

11. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yep Denver's PrideFest was cool. Deff worth going to the city for it :sunglasses:
    I ended up going for a bit both yesterday & today.. Got to see Martha Wash sing "Its Raining Men" live too

(so I've been there 3 years in a row now...ever since going that 1st year I went, I look forward to it every year :slight_smile: kinda like the way you look forward to a Holiday, then when its over its like well sorta sad LOL)
    I might go to Boulder's PrideFest again this year, but that's a long way off (September) so too early to think about at this time...

#11 SimplyJay, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  12. Bassplayer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Damn. I'm gonna try and talk my mom and bro into heading to elitch's tomorrow, because I think it would be fun, plus there's supposed to be some Pridefest related hang out day there. At least its on the "schedule." so, who knows...

13. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yep today is "Pride Day" at Elitch's according to the PrideFest guide
    It also says you have to get tickets online for the discounted rate (use promo code 'PRIDE')

Won't be going myself, because still too expensive...plus I spent too much time out in the sun on the weekend as is LOL

14. MixedNutz

Wow sounds like a good day. Happy birthday!