1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am grateful

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by leer, Jun 16, 2013.

1. leer

its Fathers day today in the uk today. This time last year Dad was still in hospital recovering from a stroke & everyone hoping he was going to be ok I admit I thought I was going to loose him at times but Am grateful he pulled through .

suppose you could say Dad is Typical northern dad likes his sports pint in the pub thats
    now restricted as well as his food he was always working `lorry driver ' but always around at weekends .

I know am lucky both Mum & Dad have always supported me not everyone has that a few of my gay friends were kicked out the house once their parents discovered they were gay they were 15 & 17. Also mum and dad have re married divorced when I was 2 so I also have a step dad `Martin' more or less been a second dad for over 10 years
    now have always called him Martin he also had twin boys when he met mum they were 3 years old ` now approaching 15' :eek: love them both to bits Also I have a step sister 18 dad has brought her up as his own with Sharon his wife I talk to her more about gay stuff .

Anyway as I mentioned Today am just glad that I still have Dad around this time last year I was thinking alsorts am just grateful :slight_smile:

2. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Sorry your dad went through that, must have been a tough time. Events like this do make us more grateful for what has happened and what we have. You sound like you have a good family too.

Iv lost count for the amount of times my dad has asked for a cup of tea today because of fathers day haha.