1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Father's Day! :D

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by justjade, Jun 16, 2013.

1. justjade

It's Father's Day here in the US, and I just want to share my story with you.

My dad really had to step up to the plate when my mom passed away when my sister and I were kids. I was almost 9. My sister was 6. So basically, I was raised by a single dad and his brother, my uncle, who's practically an honorary dad. When I talk about my parents, I'm usually not talking about my dad and my step-mom; I'm talking about my dad and my uncle. They raised me and my sister. My dad taught me how to drive (however reluctantly). My uncle taught me how to draw. They got me and my sister through some really hard times. They've been tough on us, but if they weren't, we wouldn't be who we are today.

So anyway, here's to dads! I'd like to hear great stories about your dads, too. :slight_smile:

2. maracont

The awkward area between bible belt and large city
    I'm sitting with my dad right now. He's always been so supportive, and I trust him enough to tell him anything. He's my best friend, and that's a rare thing for most father and son.
    So I'm lucky. I'm gonna talk to my dad! :grin:

3. Hexagon

Now if somebody had told me BEFORE 10 pm, that might have been helpful.

4. catatonie

My sister sent me The Oatmeal's unintentional tribute to all of us without great dads today.

I like to suspend my bitterness for my dad and my step"dad" on this day and remember how awesome my grandpa was throughout my childhood. He was a shining example of what great dads are all about, and a lot of what he introduced me to as a kid still fuels my passions and goals. :slight_smile:

5. leer

this time last year dad wasn't to well thought he was on his way out but he pulled through am so glad he`s still around he`s only 53 btw