1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do they even bother...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Fan of Tessen, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Fan of Tessen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I’ve talked about online dating before, and I didn’t really want to bring it up again but this is about a completely different issue that I’ve been experiencing a lot of and I’m just curious if this happens to anyone else.

So what’s happening is plenty of people have taken the opportunity to message me first and when I respond to them they never write back again. And it’s nothing I’ve said because I don’t even get the chance to say anything. In case you’re wondering, this is how the “conversation” usually goes…

Stranger: “What’s up”
    Me: “Hello”

And that’s it! they don’t ask me questions or anything and I can’t help but be a little upset. I mean why even write to me if you have no intention of continuing the conversation.

Has this happened to anyone else? Has anyone ever talked to you and then just randomly stopped talking to you all of a sudden? Oh and it doesn’t have to be online, it can be on the phone, email, or in person whatever…

2. Sarcastic Luck

It's kind of awkward to try and continue a conversation when you say "sup?" and the other person just goes "hi". Speaking from personal experience.

3. speedracing22

Yes. I don't get it either. They message me...I message back...and then they never answer again.

I know we can't name the sites on here, but are you talking about a dating site that's an app?

4. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I haven't been on the dating sites too much lately, but this has happened a few times. Someone will message me, I'll respond to them, and then they won't respond anymore. (I never make the first move in terms of messaging, I always wait for people to message me)

But I think in my case it's because my shyness caused me to take too long to work up the courage to send a response so they moved on already.

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How long is it taking you to respond to these? Generally, I've found that if I miss someone by over two days, people aren't responding back because I wasn't timely.

If people are probing, and you're taking too long to answer, that is likely the reason.

Otherwise, I'd put it up to "Six Asterisks Is Stupid" or "Seven Asterisks Is Stupid"

6. Fan of Tessen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    @ Sarcastic Luck:
    I don't think it's too hard to continue the convo if you ask or mention something that you noticed on their profile.

@ speedracing22:
    yes there is an app but I just use the site on my computer.

@ Pret Allez:
    It depends on when I get the message... but I don't think I take that long, usually within a day or so I write back.