1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Completely monosexual

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Jun 17, 2013.

?

Are you completely monosexual?

1. Yes, I have never been attracted to any other gender than the one I'm usually attracted to

19 vote(s)
    36.5%
  2. Almost

16 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. I'm largely or completely bisexual/pansexual

13 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. I'm asexual

4 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Hexagon

I was just wondering how many people here can honestly say that they are 100% attracted to one gender. I recognise that there are many who are very almost gay/straight, and I have no problem with them identifying as gay/straight. But just because I'm curious, I'd like to know.

2. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always been attracted to men since puberty. Before then, I wasn't really attracted to anything.

4. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

I put the first one. I really can't pinpoint a time when I felt sexually attracted to anyone but guys. I'm probably somewhere between there and "almost". I dunno. Any time I ever thought I had a slight attraction to another girl it has always been ambiguous and more a sensual thing than anything :\

---------- Post added 17th Jun 2013 at 11:46 AM ----------

Thinking about it - because now you have me questioning myself - and the other day, I was listening to the song "I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry, and I think I am a sucker for the forbidden, because even though I am not really attracted to girls, there was def. something hawt or I don't know like sensual, to the idea of a build up of unexplored, undeclared but mutually felt, forbidden feelings, and then finally giving into it ones temptations *swooons*.

But yeah, even though I am into guys and always have been, I secretly would like to be more pansexual because I like the idea of sexual openmindedness.

#4 StefaniW, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2013
  5. Linthras

Linthras Guest

My profile orientation box says it all.

6. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Only attracted to men. My boyfriend also.

7. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Almost.

It was quite a long time before I realised my attraction to men, for whatever reasons, and admittedly I would still say I am 'attracted to' women in various ways, perhaps more aesthetically and emotionally than sexually or romantically. 'Cause while nothing necessarily turns me off about the latter, it just doesn't give me the same sort of feelings. There's something almost indescribable about the various guys I find attractive that even the women I admire just don't have.

For a long time, at least after I'd started considering my attractions were more significant toward men, I think I wished that I was either more bisexual or '100% gay' since the, lacking a better word, ambiguity was hard for me to wrap my head around. Mostly centering around the idea that a guy can't appreciate women, or not be completely turned-off by them, and still be gay. I think there's still aways to go, but I think I've a grip on understanding this aspect of myself better and can, to quote A Serious Man, "Accept the mystery." :lol:

8. I put that I am monosexual even though I have had sex with men. The only parts I really liked were the things girls could do to me. I appreciate a well put together man, but only in the sense of wow...he looks nice. Nothing more.

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm largely pansexual, but I have asexual tendencies.

10. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was attracted sexually to males first and romantically to women, and now the parts which lagged behind have caught up. I'm functionally 50/50. :slight_smile:

11. Hefiel

I was attracted to females emotionally, and males sexually when I was younger. Right now, I'm purely attracted to males, so I would say that I'm completely monosexual.

12. BudderMC

I've only ever been attracted to guys, emotionally/physically/sexually/etc., so I identify as gay.

However, I'm not opposed to the idea of being with a girl/someone who doesn't identify as male/female if I were attracted to one - I've just never had it happen.

13. Munyal

Yeah, I'm occasionally attracted to girls, but only on an emotional level. I like Natalie Portman, but only because she is such an amazing person.

14. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I answered bisexual/pansexual, but it's really more convoluted than that. :S Basically, when I'm sexually or romantically interested in anyone at all, I will only ever go for women, but I am much more likely to find a guy attractive than a girl (though the guys I find attractive tend to look like girls).

15. justjade

Almost. I'm mostly attracted to men, but every now and then, I find myself attracted to a girl. Doesn't happen too often, but I'm not going to deny that it does. However, I generally prefer men more. I get along with them better. In my opinion, girls are fun to play with, but I don't think I'd like to date one.

Also, Hexagon, thanks for using the term "monosexual" instead of gay or straight. I'm not 100% sure of what to call myself gender-wise, so I just say I'm attracted to men.

#15 justjade, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  16. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would only be attracted to a woman based on her personality, so it would be an entirely celibate relationship if it ever happened.

17. Yes. Even when I had no idea that I was gay, I always knew that I was NOT straight. I've never liked guys that way.

18. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm like a Kinsey 4.5. Well, sort of.
    This is probably TMI, but here goes.
    Until I was 8 or 9, I was gayer than a figure skating competition on Elton John's private plane. I only liked boys, though my parents didn't know it.
    But then, and this is a little fuzzy, I was forced to engage in sexual acts with my (female) babysitter. So now I'm left with some attraction to women as well. But I get sort of scared when I'm attracted to women, so I still think of myself as exclusively gay because I don't enjoy the experience of being attracted to women.

If that makes sense.

19. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Strictly attracted to guys. No women for me.

20. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    It kind of depends.

I'm attracted to guys in every way, but attracted to girls in an emotional way, nothing to do with their body or anything like that. So, yeah.

Almost...