1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noticing the Opposite Sex?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AaronMed, Jun 17, 2013.

?

Even though I'm Kinsey 6, I sometimes notice attractiveness in the opposite sex.

1. Strongly disagree

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Disagree

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  3. Neutral

7 vote(s)
    14.0%
  4. Agree

23 vote(s)
    46.0%
  5. Strongly agree

14 vote(s)
    28.0%
  1. AaronMed

So when I came out, I came out as Kinsey 5 or 6 (my parents already know the Kinsey scale), and told them that I really didn't know which one, but that for all practical purposes, I'm gay.

I'm still not really sure. I can recognize beauty in the opposite sex, but I have absolutely no sexual interest in women at all. Which is why I'm pretty sure I'm Kinsey 6, but I wanted to pose this question to all you gay guys and girls:

Even though you're exclusively homosexual, do you sometimes notice people of the opposite sex and think they're attractive?

Explanations would be much appreciated :slight_smile:.

EDIT: To clarify, for me I think it's more of an envy thing, but I'm not too sure...

#1 AaronMed, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  2. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I do. I identify as a Kinsey 6 as well, but I do notice good-looking guys...but only because I wish I could look like that. There's absolutely no sexual attraction or interest, so I see it as envy. If I was a good-looking straight guy, it'd be so much easier. I would see an attractive guy and think, "Man, all the girls must think he's so hot. If only that could be me..." :lol:

3. wayne1983

I can they look nice has dressed etc, but theres nothing there for me that way.

4. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

I am constantly noticing the opposite sex. And I'm all like "daaayum" :wink:

I will just switch this around and change it to same-sex and say that I see other girls as pretty. Eva Longoria is soooo hawt, for example, and I even notice when a girl is pretty when I go out and think how I like her hair, clothes, makeup, etc. But I am not really attracted to them at all.

Didn't answer the poll cuz I'm like a Kinsey 0, sooo...

5. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes, I can notice attractiveness. I don't feel "10 out of 10 would bang" like my friends always say, but I can still tell what others will like.
    "Seeing a vagina was like a painting in a museum. Maybe not a painting that you like yourself, but you're like, 'Oh, I bet someone would pay a lot of money for that.'" -Davey Wavey

6. Gen

Gen

It doesn't take a very observant person to notice the attributes of another. I don't think I would put much faith in the words of an individual that claims to be completely oblivious to the opposite or same sex.

Not to mention, I have to spend a lot of time thinking of appearances/personalities for characters for my writing.

7. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Sure, but it's a different kind of attractive. When women, I can think that they're attractive in an objective way, the same way I might admire the way the notes in Für Elise play off of each other. But it's all in my head, and it's not a very visceral reaction. With men (hot men, specifically), it's not just a matter of looking at them and liking the way they're proportioned. Something inside of me stirs that just doesn't stir when I look at a woman: that rush of hormones, that way my eyebrows automatically rise to allow my eyes to take in more, the stiring in my loins. It's more like listening to a death metal song; I can't explain why I feel it as much as I do, but I definitely do.

You ask me to say why I think a woman is attractive and I can see, "Well I like the way her hair frames her face, and I like the way her lipstick matches her outfit, and I like how her sunglasses are the same color as her shoes, and..." But if you ask me why a guy is attractive, the best I can do is, "Because look at that body!" :lol:

:roflmao:

8. King

King Guest

I love girls and I generally find girls more attractive than boys.

I also openly flirt with girls, which convinced my ex I was actually bisexual...

9. Hexagon

Yeah, I notice girls all the time. Very hot, girls are.

Don't worry, I didn't vote.

10. AlamoCity

I am gay (maybe 6) and I know and notice a "hot" girl when I see one. But it's more like watching a painting in a museum; you notice and admire it, but you don't want to sleep with it, if that makes sense.

11. AaronMed

Makes complete sense, and that's exactly what's going through my head! I'll think, "wow, she's gorgeous", but I'd never want to sleep with her.

12. wayne1983

Me same i just didnt word it right:slight_smile:

13. Munyal

Definitely. I'm a Kinsey 6 and I totally can point out if a woman is beautiful.

14. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey I'm gay, not blind. It's not a big deal to notice attractive people of the opposite sex

15. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I went with "Agree." But as usual, I guess it's more complicated for me than a check box vote. Is this news?

I think most women frankly leave me feeling cold. I see a Prom Queen or Miss America type, and I can at least sometimes see the beauty that would have a straight a guy whipping through a box of tissues as he enjoys fantasies about her. But it's entirely intellectual for me. Inside I feel dead and cold. Even intellectually, I have little interest.

I do see some women, however, who don't leave me feeling cold. Indeed, these women were what made me think I might be bisexual all these years. Maybe I was once...maybe not, and it was denial. No matter. In any case, I feel no sexual attraction now. In any case, these women are generally not beautiful in the Miss America sense. They generally have something else--some sort of inner beauty.

I can appreciate inner beauty on men. But I also find myself regularly turned on just by seeing a good looking man.

16. KnownSecret

Yeah this is pretty much the same as me. I know when someone is pretty or not, its not that difficult :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: If they are easier to look at then some people, then they must be pretty :wink: But yeah as AlamoCity said I can pick a cute girl out of a crown but sexually that's not for me :wink:

17. Xochipilli

Only into guys, but I definitely find girls attractive.
    I like watching them dance. *_* Like all the music video girls.

18. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Different spin here. And no apologies. We all have to be who we are.

Watched the beauty pageant last night. When they got down to the semifinalists, I easily picked out who I thought was the best looking. I then later went to my homepage and she had in fact won.

The things that went through my head:
    "She's stunning."
    "I wonder what guy gets to be her boyfriend or husband."

19. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

I put agree, as I do in fact notice a girl who looks particularly bad :lol:

20. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The opposite sex. I notice a lot. Kinsey 0 so poll can remain unanswered by me.