1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing my nickname

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Noir, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Noir

I've been called "Katie" all my life, and now that I'm in college, I've encountered a big problem--there are too many people with similar names!! :eusa_doh: There are just so many Kaitlin's, Katie's, Katherine's, Kathy's, and Kate's on campus that I don't know when someone is referring to ME or not! :dry:

To try and fix this, I'm going to change my nickname to a Japanese nickname also contained in my full name so it's not completely random. I study Japanese language and culture as one of my majors, so it's also befitting of my character. Still, it just feels so awkward to call myself something new, even though I've been planning to switch for about a year. Everyone I've asked if it sounds kinda dorky or not has said it sounds cool and like a really good idea, but I still think it'll be weird to try and change it after such a long time, especially with my friends who have called me "Katie" all my life! ><

What do you think? Is it too late to change my nickname? I really should have changed it going into college since no one knew me besides my sister, but now a year has passed and people have learned my old name! Will it be awkward for others to relearn it? :icon_sad:

2. Amerigo

How about Kay?

Also, what is this Japanese nickname you speak of? I think that's an awesome Idea!

3. Seraph

Have you tried Katerina ?

Your name started with K and you said that you wanted to change it to a Japanese nickname, the only thing I could think of was "Katana" xD ..

4. RainSprite

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh, hey, one my majors is also Japanese Studies. :slight_smile:
    I think it might be a bit awkward at first, but I think people will most likely get used to it...just takes time. What's the nickname, if you don't mind me asking?

5. Noir

No, no, nothing with a "K" in it. I've decided on "Rin," because it sounds so dissimilar to the "Kat--" names. ;P

How do you think it sounds? :confused:

6. Amerigo

Rin...

How about Ayumi Nagatsuki?

7. melbournian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    What about Kin/Kinnie?!