1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you have to sleep alone to sleep well?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by amoore658, Jun 17, 2013.

1. amoore658

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't know ... Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else feel they have to sleep alone to sleep well? Haha
    I had a guy-friend staying the other night, and shared the bed - worst night's sleep ever!

2. Hexagon

Yes, on the few occasions I've shared a bed with someone (other than my cat), I've found it nearly impossible to sleep. I can't imagine how terrible a relationship would be.

3. justjade

I don't have to sleep alone, but I can't sleep with someone's arm over me. If someone touches me, I wake up. I do still sleep in the same bed as my husband, but he's a cuddler, and I'm not.

4. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to sleep better when someone sleeps in a bed with me. I fall asleep easier, and stay asleep. I've only have had this happen a few times, but yeah, I usually sleep better with someone sharing the bed with me, granted the bed isn't small.

5. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had to share a bed on a few occasions and let me tell you I had the WORST time, I go zero sleep:/

6. flight

Depends on who the person is for me. I'm the person that REALLY likes to respect personal space so if I need to isolate myself on the corner of the bed to make sure I don't accidentally poke the person, I will. I'm tall (6'1) so I have tendencies to sleep diagonally on the bed. I like my own bed to sleep, but don't mind sharing.

7. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Opposite for me. I tend to sleep better whenever I'm at my girlfriend's place and we cuddle or just share the same bed.

At my house, I can't sleep all that well unless if the dog is sleeping on my bed, preferably on my legs.

8. Colours

Yes, totally. I'll often have a hard time falling asleep, and will wake up several times during the night.

Not to say I prefer sleeping alone, though. But when it comes to sleep quality: yes, sleeping alone is better.

9. Colours

Yes, totally. I'll often have a hard time falling asleep, and will wake up several times during the night.

Not to say I prefer sleeping alone, though. But when it comes to sleep quality: yes, sleeping alone is better.

10. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I definitely sleep better alone; in fact, I like to do most things alone. When it comes to sleeping, I feel it's very uncomfortable to have someone else there. For instance, sharing a blanket is annoying. Also, it restricts you to sleep facing a certain side because it'd be awkward to sleep facing the other person if they're facing you as well. I'm also always worried about moving too much and disturbing the other person. So, I try to stay as still as possible, but sometimes I need to squirm around a bit before I can find a comfortable position to fall asleep in. I guess these kinds of things wouldn't be as much of an issue if I was in a relationship with the person I'm sharing the bed with, but since I haven't had that experience yet, I'd say I'd much prefer sleeping by myself. There's also always the chance that the other person is snoring, which obviously will impede my own sleep.

When I was younger, I had to share my bed with my parents when we'd travel and sleep in hotels—I never got good sleep from that. In more recent years, I've shared the bed with a close friend a few times and didn't catch a wink of sleep.

One time, I slept over at my straight best friend's house on her bed next to her (and I was secretly madly in love with her), and I didn't sleep at all the whole night just out of excitement/shock/nervousness.

11. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like to sleep with my mate. True, sometimes he snores, or hogs the covers, but it's been more of a comfort than just the cat. From time to time, I like a good nap by myself, though.

12. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sleep better alone. I have a queen sized bed and I move around a good part of it during the night.

13. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

The few times I've shared a bed with someone else, it didn't bug me too much. Granted, I didn't sleep through the night, but it always takes me a night or two to get used to a new bed, and I've never slept in anyone else's bed for more than one night in a row, so I never had the opportunity to adjust. I will say, having earplugs on hand definitely helps. :slight_smile: