1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone have this problem?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Krilky, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I find that, even though I've accepted who I am for a year (I had a different EC account before), my parents' homophobia still influences me.
    Whenever I see two guys kissing, holding hands, or doing anything like that, I still get this gut reaction of fear and disgust.
    Whenever I see two guys on a date (or who might be on a date and I'm not sure), I feel instinctively, "why do they have to flaunt that in public?"
    I don't feel this for the BLT (Bacon Lettuce Tomato) part of the community, because my parents were very hypocritical in how they raised me--I don't think they know that transgender people exist, and my dad has always taken the attitude of, "Two guys are gross, but two hot lesbians, now that is something else."

Does anyone else have this problem? How can I fix it? Will it go away with time?

2. Ticklish Fish

Uh, I don't know about you, but after YEARS of secretly googling images of two guys holding hands, holding each other's waists, laying on each other... (like 2-3 years)

it took me a while to get comfortable. and now I find those images cute.

as for real life, i did see some guys hold hand sometimes, but then I feel bad to start judging clothes :/

3. TimTomC

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't think about the action as much as I think about the love and the passion, those two guys might be sharing.

Accept the gay community Krilky, you're one of us, Idk how you will come to accepting it, that takes time, and is a personal journey you need to have with yourself.