1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Look Up to Anyone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Emberblaze, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Emberblaze

So, for the most part of my life, I've NEVER had anyone to look up to because my family, well, they aren't the best idols. I love em, but some just are bad influences, have nothing to look up to, or, well, quite frankly I just don't like them because they're just, ahem, idiots...

And all my life, the only person I've ever looked up to is, well, me. Not in a haughty-headed way, but just, I naturally condescend upon most people I meet initially because I just haven't been wowed by many people in my life, and my initial instinct has kinda been "i'm the best I can get out of life".

But recently, I've been doing some inward reflecting, and found that I have two people that I've kinda always held in high esteem: Bradley Darryl Wong (BD Wong) and Ellen Degeneres.

With Wong, I'm most familiar with his role on Law and Order, and I always admired his calm and collected aura. He's always had this warmth that I felt whenever I saw him and I just always held him in respect. And his role on Law and Order as the psych therapist kinda is one of the things that pushed me towards an interest in psychology. Oh, and if you haven't checked out Wong's "It Gets Better Video", it's pretty inspirational as well ^^
    [YOUTUBE]It Gets Better : BD Wong - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

And, this shouldn't have much to do with it, but let's be honest, Wong is SO cute! ^^

And as for Ellen! She just has the brightest and most energetic energy field around her that it's just hard not to love her. And she was like the first main lgbt character on tv (she came out on her show Ellen in Season 4 episode 22 I believe?) which has made her extremely inspirational as an lgbt character. Heh I've been watching that show nonstop for the past few nights, I recommend taking a peek at it because it's hilarious and adorable, and following her coming out episode, the show really focuses on the issues of coming out, so it's heart warming really.

Heh, and let's be honest, Ellen is a VERY handsome woman. Lols I would go straight for her or become a woman for her, which EVER she prefers!

Sooooo anyways, I didn't mean for this to be this long at ALL. Basically, just who do you look up to and why lols. To recap, my idols are BD Wong and Ellen Degeneres.

2. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Great question. I would say I'm a little covetous of either physical or intellectual qualities that I think would be good to have. However, in terms of admiring someone, no. There are people for who I have a lot of respect, though. For some reason, admiration and respect seem to be different things to me.