1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

finding other lesbians?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NightGrazer, Jun 18, 2013.

1. NightGrazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    How do you find other gay people in your area? Especially if you are not out yet? How did all of you guys find boyfriend/girlfriends? Also I am only 17 and so can't get into gay bars etc. Little help?

#1 NightGrazer, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  2. LilJen

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out when I was teen and finding other lesbians was the hardest thing about it. Fortunately, I had a teacher who noticed my stress during class, and put me in touch with a group of teens who were also gay/lesbian. I didn't find a partner there. But I did find others I could identify with.

Perhaps you can search online (please be safe - mother hen talking here) or look for a community group around you who can help, and keep you anonymous in doing so if that's what you need for now.

On a positive note, as you get older you'll be able to explore more of the world and you'll realise you're not alone :slight_smile:

3. NightGrazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't think there are any LGBT groups in my area:icon_sad: and even if there were (I'm going to do a bit of searching to find out if there are!) where would i tell my mam I am going? :/ as far as online stuff, do you (or anyone) have any suggestions of any sites you know are safe? Thanks! :icon_bigg

4. LilJen

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I found my first contacts online. I still remember my sister walking into my room and seeing a message from 'Jen' that was romantic (the other girl was called Jen also and she thought it was me talking to a guy! *phew*)

It wasn't until I was about 19/20 that I really experienced 'falling in love'. Before that it was just a lot of support from people like me. Even if you're not of age yet, you can still chat to people your age and feel a bit less alone.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to recommend sites here? (I only joined less than a week ago). But use your 'google fingers' and search.

Guys always have, and still do, seem to dominate the scene (they probably do on this site!), but we are out there! You'll find them so don't get prematurely lonely. We ARE out there, maybe we're just a tad more shy in coming forward :slight_smile:

5. NightGrazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok, Thanks! I have noticed an abundance of guys on these sites alright! :lol: haha, I will indeed use my "google fingers" and keep looking! Thanks for the advice! :icon_bigg Lucky break with your sister by the way! I would never hear the end of it if it was mine! Guy or girl! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. emz

emz

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm wanting to meet other LGBT people too but there just isn't any groups etc in my area. Sucks :frowning2:

7. NightGrazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know :icon_sad: if I was positive on what exactly I am I would come out to a couple of friends, get ID and drag them to a gay bar but I actually lack the corage to tell them! And I can't really go alone ya know? Annoying...

8. Qwissen

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    same here!! I am really sure that my friends would be real supportive and help me, but i dont have courage to tell them and there isnt any support group in my area either. so i guess my only option is online >.<