1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Guys - do you get awkward when a hot guys?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gazza123, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Now I mean this in the sense of when your watching tv or a film or just generally out and about and you see a guy you like... Only your family or friends see you looking.

Does it feel awkward for anyone else?

I mean before I came out and just generally it seems normsl and often brushed over when str8 guys check out girls but for me personally and being gay, I feel awkward when I see a shirtless guy on TV? I can't help it, my eye just locks on to them.

I don't know how to explain except for the feeling of awkwardness that I probably wouldn't get if I was str8 and checking out girls.

Understand?

2. Diego89

Sure I feel awkward sometimes. Specially when watching tv or a movie with my mom or dad (even tho I'm not out to any of them but I think they suspect) and suddenly a shirtless or naked guy appears! I get paranoid! Can't imagine what would be like once I come out. :/

3. AlamoCity

This week, my family and I have been watching the NBA Finals and everytime I see Matt Bonner or Tiago Splitter, I want to say, "man, he's hot," but I contain myself. Even if I am ever openly out, it would still sound weird to stare at hot men in front of friends and family.

4. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

It's like I'm worried they ll make some big thing out of it whereas if I were str8 and looking girls they'd be like 'meh' and move on

5. Candace

Yes! Especially when I am with my brother and in public....it's hard to not stop staring at the cute guy...sighhhhhh

6. MixedNutz

It was always super ackward with my mom. I remember this one time we were in a sunglasses store in the mall, and the guy working was extremely attractive and I couldn't stop staring. After we left she was like "he was a good looking guy" I said "yep" and kept it moving.

7. sugarcubeigloo

Yeah. I feel awkward. Even people that I'm out to, I feel strange commenting on another guy's appearance. I have a lot of girls as friends and they spend time ogling and commenting on guys, but I would feel weird about doing the same myself.

8. BornInTexas

Terribly awkward. Whenever my friends talk about hot guys, I just sit there...trying to say null or as minimal as possible if they ask me a question like, "He's hot, right?"

9. Amerigo

omg yes! I'm not out, but one time I was walking with my dad and the hottest man (I'm talking THE definition of man) comes jogging right through the middle of us - he was ripped, shirtless, beautiful, I don't know how I stayed conscious to be completely honest, but I managed to keep my composure :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. AKTodd

My family is thousands of miles away, and I'm not given to staring in any case.

That said, I am given to checking out and commenting. My partner and I will point out hot guys to each other (living between a university and a military base in the summer makes for some very nice views :grin:). Also, when I'm with my female friends, I may also comment and they may as well. In particular, one friend and I used to joke that we had very similar taste in guys and point out the ones we like to each other. Interestingly enough, when she married, her husband (although a great guy and a good friend) is not my type.

Todd

11. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This reminds me of something funny. I was once touring the grounds of West Point which are open to the public and have views over the Hudson. Within earshot was a family with 2 teenage daughters. A cadet came walking by who looked more like he would be approached to be a centerfold on a regular basis. It was their father who said "Girls, put your tongues back in your mouths." Interesting.

My answer is if I have to work with a person in a non-routine situation where you've had a chance to deal with them regularly so you're used to them ... and the work is involved so you have to concentrate. That combination doesn't come up all that often, fortunately. If they're THAT hot and I don't have to talk to them and maintain my distance, it's not a problem.

12. Joe54321

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel a little awkward especially with my parents.

13. Emberblaze

I understand entirely. In fact, it was WORSE for me when I was still closeted because I was even MORE paranoid about slipping up and saying something! I nearly had a nervous break down when me my mom, dad, and step mom were watching I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry long before I was out. The WHOLE time I just felt like the eyes were on me...

And then I made it worse by saying "wheew, I certainly couldn't have been in this movie, eh heh... eh heh... *nervous/obvious chuckle*"

So yes. To answer you question, its still kinda awkward now. Because, in all honesty, I only feel like a SMALL FEW of the people I'm out to actually accepted the gay thing. It seems like mostly everyone in their minds are saying "eh, we'll just pretend to accept the gay thing and then just cross that bridge when/if he brings a guy home"...

So whenever I mention something about a guy, I feel like people just wanna say... "shut up"

14. Cloud

I know how that feels. I'll sort of make a few glances an stuff and the person will catch me looking.
    Honestly, it is quite awkward. There is this guy I like and I'll look at him and he'll see me an you know.

Any way yes I know dat feel bro

15. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I'm outside and there will be hot guys I usually wear sunglasses. And when I watch TV and see one it gets a little weird, but not anything unbearable.

16. Luke Matt

If I'm in the lounge with my parents or something and a really hot guy comes on the screen, then yes it gets a little awkward (I feel like they think I'm a monster or something..). I remember watching a Game of Thrones episode with my dad and it got to the scene where Prince Renly gets a headjob from Loras Tyrell. THAT was awkward.

17. TimTomC

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes... I feel an extreme awkwardness lol.

18. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Doesn't really happen to me. I'll tell my friends if i think they're cute or something =o or mention about it to them if it's someone I dont know

19. TSN2012

This is the story of my life! It gets more awkward when there's a hot and shirtless guy on TV and my brother goes, "Oh oh you like? you like?" and give me "the wink." It just makes me feel sooo awkward. What's worse is when I'm watching TV with my dad and a hot shirtless guy comes up on screen, my dad 'pretends' like he doesn't know that I'm drooling over the guy when in fact, I am. He and I just sit there awkwardly, when I know that he's probably thinking, "I bet my son is turned on by this hot guy over here."

20. Aviale

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't as I'm in the closet to speak (even though there are rumors in the house that I could be gay).

I'm so good at hiding my awkwardness and the fact that I'm into a guy on TV.