1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Quotes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FreeFlow9917, Jun 18, 2013.

1. FreeFlow9917

What are your favorite quotes. They can be from anywhere, the internet, video games, whatever.

Vaas Montegero quote Farcry 3
    "Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact Fucking thing... over and over again expecting shit to change That. Is. Crazy."

Vaas quote 2 Farcry 3
    "And then I started seeing everywhere I looked, everywhere i looked all these fucking pricks, everywhere i looked, doing the exact same fucking thing... over and over again thinking 'this time it's going to be different' no, no, no please... This time it's going to be different."

And my signature

---------- Post added 18th Jun 2013 at 06:52 PM ----------

Sig from farcry 3 intermission. Alice in Wonderland

2. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    "You know what else is awesome? Catapults. And that's just the goddam truth." George Watsky

The entire epic rap battle of Stalin vs Rasputin.

"I was gay before it was cool." -Davey Wavey

"LAZZOOOORSSSSSSSS" -me

“Dear God. What is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring.” -Sherlock Holmes

Really anything BBC's Sherlock says.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "What good is a house if you haven't got a habitable planet to put it on?" ~Henry David Thoreau. That guy had as high an opinion of humanity as I do XD.

4. girlunwound

"You like spaghetti, George? I like spaghetti. I like board games. I like grabbing a trifecta with that longshot on top. That ozone smell you get from air purifiers. And I like knowing the space between my ears is immeasurable. Mahler's first, Bernstein conducting. You've got to think about all the things you like and decide whether they're worth sticking around for. And if they are, you'll find a way to do this." - Rube Sofer, Dead Like Me.

5. Minx

"History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again." - Maya Angelou

:slight_smile:

6. RainSprite

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can't decide, I have too many ones that I like. But currently? I suppose it's the one in my signature.

7. “Entertaining a notion, like entertaining a baby cousin or entertaining a pack of hyenas, is a dangerous thing to refuse to do. If you refuse to entertain a baby cousin, the baby cousin may get bored and entertain itself by wandering off and falling down a well. If you refuse to entertain a pack of hyenas, they may become restless and entertain themselves by devouring you. But if you refuse to entertain a notion - which is just a fancy way of saying that you refuse to think about a certain idea - you have to be much braver than someone who is merely facing some blood-thirsty animals, or some parents who are upset to find their little darling at the bottom of a well, because nobody knows what an idea will do when it goes off to entertain itself.”

-Lemony Snicket

Also,

"I have always found there to be solace in the vastness of open spaces. It is a comfort, in anguish, to be reminded of the scale of one's own troubles against the mighty breadth of the world."

-Jacqueline Carey

8. Qwissen

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My signature (!):icon_wink

9. justjade

My signature.

10. Cynder

I really like quotes. I have a lot of favorites. Like I have a really really lot. Here is my really long list of ones I really like:

It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you
    right. Forget about those who don’t. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would most likely be worth it.

Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it you can never get it back.

A lion's work hours are only when he's hungry; once he's satisfied, the predator and prey live peacefully together.

Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look past the imperfections.

I've found that the saddest people are also the loneliest people, and only those who understand complexity can communicate simplicity.

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.

The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought.

If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

It's all about money, not freedom. You think you're free? Try going somewhere without money.

If people are trying to bring you down it only means that you are above them.

The "earth" without "art" is just "eh".

I don't love studying. I hate studying. I like learning. Learning is beautiful.

The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones that do.

Everything will be okay in the end. If its not okay, it's not the end.

Parallel lines have a lot in common, but they never meet. Ever. You might think that's sad. But every other pair of lines meets once then drifts apart forever. Which is pretty sad too.

Sometimes you have to kind of die inside in order to rise from your own ashes and believe in yourself and love yourself to become a new person.

I was a heavy heart to carry. My feet dragged across ground. And he took me to the river. Where he slowly let me drown.

Our message is simple: Where our music is welcome we will play it loud, where our music is challenged we will play it louder.

When nothing goes right...go left.

Kittens. Because every abominable entity that feeds on the souls of the living has a soft spot.

We’re all a little weird. And life is weird. And when we find someone
    whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutual weirdness and call it love.

If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

If I ever stay from the path I've followed, take me down to the English Channel, throw me in where the water is shallow, and then drag me on back to shore.

We all carry these things inside that no one else can see. They hold us down like anchors, they drown us out at Sean.

I was the man who never lied, never lied until today. But I just couldn't break your heart, like you did mine yesterday.

11. FruitFly

Love is a temporary madness.
    It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides.
    And when it subsides you have to make a decision.
    You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part.
    Because this is what love is.
    Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion.
    That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are.
    Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident.
    Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two.
    Louis de Bernières, Corelli's Mandolin

There are different wells within your heart.
    Some fill with each good rain,
    Others are far too deep for that.

In one well
    You have just a few precious cups of water,
    That "love" is literally something of yourself,
    It can grow as slow as a diamond
    If it is lost.

Your love
    Should never be offered to the mouth of a
    Stranger,
    Only to someone
    Who has the valor and daring
    To cut pieces of their soul off with a knife
    Then weave them into a blanket
    To protect you.

There are different wells within us.
    Some fill with each good rain,
    Others are far, far too deep
    For that.
    - Hafiz, The Divan

We the mortals touch the metals,
    the wind, the ocean shores, the stones,
    knowing they will go on, inert or burning,
    and I was discovering, naming all the these things:
    it was my destiny to love and say goodbye.
    Pablo Neruda, Still Another Day

#11 FruitFly, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  12. Kamina

And in that moment I swear, we were infinite - Charlie (The Perks of Being a Wallflower)
    When you remove the impossible everything left, however improbable, must be the truth - Classic Sherlock Holmes

13. I agree!

I love these two quotes as well

my favorite quote is in my signature. I have so many quotes I love...I'll just come back and add some as I come across them.

14. Robin

I hate to go all Ayn Rand here, but she did get some things right.

“Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swamps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it's yours.”

-Ayn Rand

When you get past the politics, she really has some amazing quotes that relate to life in general. Look them up some time. They're cool. :slight_smile:

15. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    "Dont cry because its over , smile because it happened" - dr. seuss

"Sometimes the brain doesnt understand what the heart feels."

16. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My sig for now I have to go find my list (runs off)

---------- Post added 19th Jun 2013 at 11:25 AM ----------

"And yet I have had the weakness, and have still the weakness, to wish you to know with Waugh a sudden mastery you kindled me, heap of ashes I am, into fire."
    -A Tale of Two Cities
    We are all men,
    In our own nature frail, and capable
    Of our flesh; few are Angela
    -Shakespeare, King Henry VIII

Sometimes we are less unhappy in being deceived by those we love, than in being undeceived by them
    -François La Rochefoucauld, Maxims

Pulvis et umbra sumus.
    ("We are dust and shadows")
    -Horace, Odes
    Dreams are true while they last, and do we not all live in dreams?
    -Alfred, Lord Tennyson, "the higher pantheism"

"Art is the lie that tells the truth."
    -Pablo Picasso

If there be sorrow
    Let it be
    For things undone...
    Undreamed
    Unrealized
    Unattained
    To those add one;
    Love withheld...
    ...restrained
    -Mari Evans

17. FreeFlow9917

"If the sky is the limit, then how'd we reach the moon?"-Anonymous
    "Hate is learned, love is something you're born with." -Me
    "If you're really christian, than look past the bible for answers, because we have to find answers to our life not others." -Me
    "If sexuality is a choice, ill choose to be gay."- Me
    "Love is more valuable than money, because love is a currency that can't be spent or traded anywhere else in the world, it's never lost or stolen or anywhere else. It's never placed in the back pocket, it's always near the depths of the heart with the memories of loved ones treasured forever."

---------- Post added 19th Jun 2013 at 02:47 PM ----------

Last one was me

---------- Post added 19th Jun 2013 at 02:48 PM ----------

O and sexuality choice there are probably millions of people out there who have said that quote.