1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First experience with transphobia and feeling really really down

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by StefaniW, Jun 18, 2013.

1. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

Okay, so umm, the other night I was texting with this guy back and forth and sending pics back and forth and we were hitting it off pretty well until today, when I told him I was trans, and as expected he flipped out on me.

He said I should have put my trans status on my profile to start with, and that I was a "deceiver" and that he was speechless for the first time in his life, and that nobody would ever talk to me or be interested in be because I was a liar and that I need to "get a life", and then he said "thanks for wasting my time, bye bye freak".

I feel so horrible. I am trying hard not to cry because I don't want any of my family to know I am down or that I was texting him, but it's really hard. I feel like someone sucker punched me in the gut. He went from being super sweet and complimentary to horrible and nasty and I practically begged him not to be mean or hurtful because I said have feelings, too, but he didn't care. Why couldn't he have just said "Not interested"??

I can't imagine doing this my entire life, it hurts me so much. I am in a low low place right this minute..This is the first transphobia I have encountered and I can't believe how much it hurts.

#1 StefaniW, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2013
  2. I am so sorry he hurt you. I wish I could say something to make it better. There are some real :***: out there. Don't judge the world based off of this jerk. You'll find someone who is amazing and who loves you for you.

3. MerBear

People can be like that. You're not a freak. Your wonderful and your own person. I guess just put your trans next time for future reference but other than that, don't put yourself down. It's okay, You'll meet other guys ...he isn't the only guy out there ya know?

I know its hard to be cheery and happy right now but Know that i think you're a wonderful person regardless of who you are and i'm sure, you'll meet a guy who feels the same :slight_smile:

Hope you start to feel better. You deserve better :slight_smile: and you'll find it

4. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah, he's an asshat.
    And I think you can take away something from this experience--you should put that you were born a biological male in your profile. I'm not saying it's right that you should have to do that, and I know I wouldn't care, but the fact is most people feel transphobia. In addition, you have to find a man who's willing to have a girlfriend and/or eventual wife who can't get pregnant, which is significant.

I'm sorry if I'm sounding too harsh! I'm really sorry that this happened to you. Hopefully in 15 years this transphobia will greatly diminish and it won't matter what the doctor saw between your legs when you were born.

Send me a message if you want to talk about his more. I have a transgender friend whom I've helped through tough times so I guess you could say I have experience.

5. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

I just really want someone to talk to about this right now and to give me a hug and say they care but I have no one like that who is here with me. My family can't handle this, they don't understand about me being trans, and they are more likely to be on HIS side, tbh.

I just wish my sister was here right now so bad. I am feeling more than anything alone right now and it sucks being alone when someone just hurt you like this, you have no idea. Totally and completely alone.

But you guys are sweet and thanks for your kind words. You are all such great people.

6. I'm so sorry that he ended up being a jerk.

But like other posters said in the previous thread about this guy, he is obviously not deserving a moment of your consideration.

The thing is, it is going to be hard sometimes. And some people are ignorant transphobic and transmisogynist assholes. I won't lie to you, that's true.

BUT there are tons of people who are not that and you aren't alone.

Don't let the opinion of some jerk who does not know or understand you make you feel any differently about yourself.

The problem of if/when to tell someone you are trans* is complicated and I won't pretend like I know the answers, but I will say that I think its good you found out right off the bat that that guy doesn't deserve to kiss your shoes much less be with you in any sense of the word.

7. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm so sorry honey (*hug*)

You didn't do anything wrong, he is the one at fault here

8. Well I'm not physically there with you, but

(*hug*)

stick around. we care.

(&&&)

9. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

Also, lemme say, a lot of transgirls don't feel like they should have to share the fact they are trans right away. It's something personal, not something you lead with.

Plus, if I would have put that I was trans in my profile I would have no way of filtering who was just a normal guy and who was a chaser and a fetishizer.

I get it if he didn't want to be with me or go out with me, I'm not mad about that. I just don't know why he needed to treat me like I was worthless.

10. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's this kind of cold truth to the world that you'll need to develop I think. You're a minority and until it's successfully fought for people will treat you as they see fit.

I was in the hospital for suicide a short while ago and one of the nurses told me "You're a boy that thinks it's a girl, god knows otherwise but I don't want to be offensive." She didn't see me as a human, just some freak that needed to be told its place. A nurse in a mental hospital talking to a patient that tried to kill herself not long before.

Most people in the world hate us, we're the 'boogieman' that tries to get unsuspecting men into bed with us to take away their manhood. I know that really fucking sucks and that it's not fair in any way. We didn't choose to be trans it just happened.

What kind of trans person you decide to be is completely up to you. Are you a fighter trying to give us our rights or do you want to try your best to survive in the world we live in, a little of both? Each comes with risks and no it's not fair that you have to choose and I wish that I could say it gets better but I honestly don't know that.

I would suggest that you try to look for a date on a trans-friendly website to start out with. No not a site for chasers to get their rocks off, just one that you know has a better likely hood of respecting you. An LGBT dating site for instance. It's really important to play it safe, try not to just hope that they'll be accepting.

(*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)(*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

11. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

@thedreamwatch,

You are extremely sweet, and it definitely feels like you understand <3 Thanks for making me feel a little bit better with the "he doesn't deserve to kiss your shoes" comment <3

12. MerBear

because some guys are like that. Fuck him, he isn't worth it.
    honestly, I saw this episode of um...what was it....degrassi.....that describes your situation except it wasn't online

i dont know if that's much help but i just wanted to say, that your experience reminded me of that episode.

13. JBWat

JBWat Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    (*hug*) I'm sorry that he treated you like that! :frowning2:

It's an awful thing, but you know what? He was awful to you, but you're still here! :grin: And you'll be all the better for it, because you'll be stronger and better prepared the next time you put yourself out there. Don't worry so much about the future, take it a day at a time. You made it through today, and you might have cried or felt awful, but you made it!

You get all my hugs! (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*) I hope things get better for you soon.

(And no matter what anybody says, never feel worthless! Because you're awesome!)

14. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

Bless you, Evelyn! You are really sweet, and this did help me sooo much to read. Thank you for being here for me and know that I will be here for you whenever you need me (please read the advice you just gave me and choose to be a fighter).

<3<3(*hug*)(*hug*)

15. girlunwound

It sucks and I'm sorry you had your first experience with this, but quite frankly it was inevitable. I went through the same exact thing you did. I went through a period of time where I thought I was attracted to men. In fact, there are some guys whom I think are cute even today but when I get them, it's like the dog who chases cars; I catch one and have no idea what to do with them, nor do I have any interest in what they want me to do....

Anyway back to the point... when I was in the early stages I tried dating men and it went about as well as your experience just did. Lots of interest, even a few dates, right up until they found out about my history.

I even dated this one guy who was TOTALLY smitten with me and we went out on a couple of dates. He and I both worked in the same niche industry and he apparently went to work and started talking about this awesome girl he met who worked over at ____ and someone had heard about my transition and told him. His response was slightly nicer than the one you got -- and he worked for a very progressive non-profit organization!

You're going to run into this a lot and as much as I hate to tell you this, if you're pre-op and not going to get GRS any time soon, your dating pool is going to probably be mostly limited to other trans people or pansexual people. They are out there, you just have to look, and traditional dating sites aren't the place to do it.

I remember how much this sort of thing totally devastated me too, and I feel for you. It will get better. You look great and if your posts are any indication of your personality, you have a fantastic personality to go with it. So don't get discouraged. Unfortunately this is all part of transition, which is one of the reasons I've said I'd rather have been born with the right parts. But it is what it is and you make the best of it. Eventually things level out, just keep plugging away at it. Don't give up, don't lose your mind over this, just determine that you're not going to let one rude asshole get the best of you.

(*hug*)

16. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hun, I'm so sorry. (*hug*)

Screw that douchebag. He wasn't worth your time if he's going to act like a bigot. Don't let this get to you, try your very best to. I let my fears and feelings get to me and I ended up in the hospital twice because of it. I don't want to see you there. I hope you feel better soon! You'll find someone who accepts you and loves you one day, you just need to keep your eyes open. It will find you in the strangest of places. Heck, I met my boyfriend through BlogTV and he accepts and loves me regardless of my trans* identity.

Cyber hugs and kisses! xoxo (*hug*)

17. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He called you a deceiver? What a dick. You shouldn't have to identify yourself as trans; you should identify as a girl even though unlucky enough not to be one physically.

At any rate, you should be glad it didn't get any farther or you would have been hurt even more. (*hug*)

18. MerBear

now i feel like shit. damn. I'm sorry :frowning2:

19. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*)

20. MerBear

Thanks.