1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dude, really, Are you gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Martjain, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Martjain

This post arose from my personal experience and this post. I don't think if it's more appropriate as a post or a blog but I want to know what you guys think about it and in my blog it would be left in oblivion covered in dust (although perhaps I'll post a blog based on this).

So yeah, this is a question many of us have heard from straight people. More often than we'd like to admit in fact.
    And its answer is one that many of the people who ask it are not prepared to hear. It is often asked in a jokingly way, or to strengthen the straight person straightness or for whatever reason there is.

The thing is as I said before, many straights who ask this question are often not prepared to hear our answer, they must think, he/she's not gay, not gonna tell me, or, it's just a joke, no one's gonna answer its seriously, right? Well, no.
    Many people DO answer it seriously like myself. One friend asked me once this question. I answered half an hour later. He was shocked and didn't say anything. I still don't know if he accepts me or not. We don't talk about the subject.
    There are people who don't answer seriously (this is: they don't come out), mainly not because they don't want to, but because they are forced to.

I guess this goes to prove the subject isn't to be taken as a joke or as a simple question with no repercussions whatsoever, for many of us, this question is a very important and delicate question in our lives for many years.

What are your opinions on the subject?
    (*hug*)

2. AKTodd

If someone asks me a question, it is their problem if they can't handle the answer.

I find a casual 'Yup' is perfectly sufficient, although it's been a long time since anyone asked. I usually tell them first, one way or another.

Todd

3. King

King Guest

I flick my hair and strut my ass to the nearest wall so I can twerk it out and that usually answers the question.

No but really, people don't really ask. They usually imply it but I don't answer them. If they won't ask outright I won't tell 'em.

4. Candace

I just say "dude, really, are you straight?!"....shuts them up...

5. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    XD I like your answer.

And I usually answer yes, unless its someone my family knows.

6. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm glad that your post slightly had in influence from my post and I'd love to the blog (if you were to post one). Just so amazed that I'm an inspiration to other people based on my experiences one way or another. I think what I put and how it makes me angry is my 2 cents on the subject.

7. Split Arrows

It really upsets me when people use sexual orientation as a punch-line. This actually happened to me just today. I was at a new archery range and one of the instructors was trying to demonstrate technique and had me and my gf do the same maneuver. When she did, he mentioned how female anatomy was more equipped to perform the technique, then I did it...absolutely flawlessly! His remark..."oh, well you must be gay."

I was so furious that I missed my next two shots!

8. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    That is so something I'd do!