1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this weird?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wonderingdave01, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Is it weird to feel uneasy about biphobic and transphobic comments even though I'm a cis gay guy?

2. Thaliondae

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course it's not weird. It's empathy. Plenty of straight people get offended by the word faggot and lots of white people wont accept people using racial slurs. It means you're a good person. :slight_smile:

3. BornInTexas

No. It isn't weird. It means you're human and care.

4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think you must be a member of a certain discriminated group to emphasize; I'm not a woman, but hearing of sexism within the LGBT communities, and how people will deny, deflect, and defend against sexist issues brought up makes my blood boil.

I think most people don't give too much thought to what happens to the 'others'. It's easy to forget just how many different types of people, and how many different communities are out there, with have their own sets of issues. So, keep up the good work; you're bucking the trend, fighting stereotypes and injustice at the same time.

Also, the fact that you identified as bisexual for a while and might have witnessed biphobia first-hand could have also made you more aware of issues other gay men might be uninterested in or unaware of.

5. RainSprite

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I feel uneasy about it, too and I'm not bi or trans. So, I don't think it's weird.

6. Exactly! I think it does have a lot to with that. I guess I'm so against biphobia, because I didn't like it when I thought I was bisexual. So why would I be unfair to real bisexuals?

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, it means you're a cut above the rest.

8. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

Perfectly normal good human being behavior.