1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum with the Australian Leader of the Opposition

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by UnderARock, Apr 24, 2008.

1. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    As some you know I come from a strong liberal (as in the liberal party of australia) family, well yesterday my mum's friend who is kinda high up in the party invited us to a party forum. Brendan Nelson will be there as a special guest. The title of the invite was McPherson (go ahead and stalk me now) Forum: To facilitate input to federal policy development. So I assume that I will have a chance to speak. Im not sure if I should say something about gay rights. I have a chance to address the leader of the opposition so i feel that i really have to say something but i'll be there with my mother who im not out to. I need some advice as to what i should do and say?

2. dictionary

You and Brendan Nelson... you and Brendan Nelson... are a can do team!!!

I dont know if you know this but brendan nelsons brother died of aids and brendan nelson thought he was gay but just never knew... i read that the oter day but dont yell at me if the age lies...

I doubt you could sway him mutch to become verry liberal with gay rights but basic human rights ie removing the discrimanatary laws against gays in australia ect....

3. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You could ask him his thoughts on gay rights, etc without necessarily referring to yourself. It can be an "open" question, keeping the spotlight off you. There should be no reason for anyone to suspect you and if your mother asks you "What was all that about?" you can just say you're sticking up for an under-represented group of society. I guess your mum wold be proud of you.

Good luck and enjoy.

4. UnderARock

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I hadnt heard about his brother but its on wikipedia so it much be true. I need to do my research and have a complete & full understanding of the party's current position of gay right not just the vague idea I have now. I wouldn't know to say to him if had a private meeting with him nor if I was meeting Mr Rudd (actually I know something I want to say to the PM but its not about gay rights). This is a private function of liberal party member and supporters including my mum. My mum is already extremely suspicious if she hasnt figure it out. I’m not expecting to chance any1 hearts or minds but I feel like I have to say something. Not really for me but on behalf of all of you. I’m assuming that most of you wont get an opportunity like this. So would really appreciate ur input.