1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interracial couples?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AwesomGaytheist, Jun 19, 2013.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What do you think of interracial couples? Right or wrong? Does it bug you? Is it perfectly fine or disgusting?

2. BornInTexas

I like seeing couples. If I see any couple:
    [​IMG]

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LOL that's funny. I never would have thought _you_ were like that.

4. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Totally fine with me. 2 people love each other. Who am I to say that it's wrong?

5. Bolin

If seeing an interracial couples bugs someone or they think it's wrong or disgusting, then they're ignorant, idiotic bigots. Like, what plausible excuse can one give for hating or being irritated by two people of different races dating each other? There isn't one.

*ahem*

I myself am in an interracial relationship. I'm black, and he's white. I like seeing couples regardless of whether they're interracial or the same race.

6. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I don't view them any differently than any other couple. Love is love, who cares.

7. Thaliondae

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I couldn't imagine someone on this site having a problem with that. In fact there is probably just as much a likely hood of finding someone against gay couples as interracial couples on here.

8. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

I have absolutely nooo problem with interracial couples, why on earth would I?

I am open to dating all races of men, even if my personal attraction is mainly towards White guys (not that Black, Asian, Latin American, etc. guys can't be maaad hawt just that I have a certain type like most people and that is usually White guys). But I wouldn't just date exclusively within my type so I would feel very open to dating any race of man.

#8 StefaniW, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2013
  9. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not against it, I'd just never date a Black guy or girl because I don't find them attractive. I'm pretty much only attracted to White people. That doesn't make me a racist does it?

#9 AwesomGaytheist, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  10. FruitFly

My overall response to this is "I don't give a flying hoot".

I've never considered interracial couples to be significantly different enough for me to have any great concerns regarding them, especially if we're just talking generic couples walking down the street. I'm not really sure why it would bug me either, if they are all coupled up and in love then that's a precious gift that should be cherished for as long as it can be.

11. Bolin

Well, you're lumping millions and millions of people into a single category, which isn't quite fair. Black people come in all shapes, sizes and colours just like any other race, if not more. :slight_smile: I posted in another thread about a week ago stating all the differences just within my own family. Some of my family members even have Caucasian facial features, and there are others who have very pale skin (one of my aunts is literally more pale than a lot of white people I know). Think about this: If you were single, and there was a black guy that was interested in you and his personality complimented yours, you both had great chemistry, had a great connection, and you grew to find him to be attractive, especially on a deeper level, would you still say that you wouldn't go out with him? Or would you, despite all that, write him off just because he is of black heritage? Something to think about. :slight_smile:

12. RainSprite

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think it's perfectly fine, and would actually get pissed off/offended if someone did call it disgusting. That being said, even though I've never dated anyone before, I do have a preference for different ethnicities than me.

13. sugarcubeigloo

Date any person you like. :slight_smile: I personally find all happy, healthy couples to be beautiful.

14. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Doesn't bother me in the slightest, and I don't mind those in interracial relationships either- I'm in one, anyway. I'm Latin/white and my girlfriend is white. Honestly, race doesn't matter all that much to me, and it's something I rarely ever think about when it comes to relationships.

As for generalization of a race, there's something to be appreciated aesthetically by every race of people. Some have facial features that are unique to that race alone. Some have shapes and proportions that seem to be more abundant than in others. There's simply too much to like to not consider a group of people attractive.

15. kylo

I've been in an interracial relationship before so I'm 100% okay with them. I can't stand when I'm out & about and see one and you can clearly see other people staring at them and making faces like " ew are they really together? " it upsets me so much. Love shouldn't be defined by race, gender, etc.

16. Candace

I'm white and my boyfriend is black. I tell people "DEAL with it". :slight_smile:

17. Amerigo

exactly. i hate the term "african american", or the assumption that all "black" people hail from the same part of the african continent. as if these people are not as varied as those of european descent.

-----------------------------------

i'd date any race, marry any race, spend the rest of my days with any race. in fact, i promote interracial mixing. its about time we as people became representatives of the ever-globalising world we live in.

18. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

Well, actually, essentially all Black people in America *do* hail back to the continent of Africa. Even those who come from Jamaica and countries like that (as I know soo many people like to bring up) eventually trace their roots back to African slaves. They are not indigenous to those areas.

The only "Black" people I can think of that do *not* descend from Sub-Saharan Africa would be Aboriginal Australians. But they are classified as a separate race from Sub-Saharan Africans and their population in the United States is so negligible as to make the distinction between the two in this country moot. Not only that, I don't believe (though they appear to be so) they are even classified as "Black" -_-

That being said, I and most Black people I have known, just use the term "Black".

19. Bolin

Actually, my mother had our family history done, and we actually hail from Scotland, meaning our family name is actually our family name and not our "slave" name, so.... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: We're pretty much black now, obviously, but the family with my last name did start out white, and eventually, a bunch of (mostly unrelated) black ancestors showed up later on down the genealogical line, so while we could trace those back to African slaves, our actual main family branch is from Scotland (apparently, our original last name was shortened and had a "Mc" in front of it, hehe :grin: ). This, naturally, came as a huuuuge surprise to us, but my point is, America is a big melting pot, so it's not a surefire guarantee that an African American family will trace their roots and end up at African slaves. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But enough thread-derailing for one day. xD

20. Amerigo

@stef
    i know, i said the 'same part' of africa :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, and like you correctly identify, most of those africans who are considered "black" are sub-saharan, but where do we even draw the line i find myself asking - like, are berbers black or white? are they even a race? anyway, of course yes, many were brought as slaves like you say and probably mixed (much like the peoples of the brazils) to form the "black" group, since many are probably unable to link their ancestry to one part of africa. that could be why the black people you know (and i admittedly know) class themselves that way.

the people on the southern coast of india (very southern coast i'm talking) and parts of indonesia have black lineage also.