1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insomnia?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Thaliondae, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Thaliondae

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Am I the only insomniac on here? It's approaching 5am here and I don't feel the slightest bit tired. I might have had about 3 hours sleep yesterday and it's approaching 24 hours since I got up and I feel like I could honestly carry on through tomorrow (Today, technically) as if I just got 8 hours. Am I alone with this problem? Anyone know a good way of fighting it?

2. Diego89

Well, try this: Stay awake today, keep yourself busy the whole day, no naps at all! By night you should be tired and sleepy, try going to bed, you may not be able to sleep right away but eventually you will. Wake up early the next morning (set your alarm). And keep yourself busy again. By the second night you should be able to sleep well.

That's what I do, if it doesn't work you may have a sleeping disorder and should seek help.

Good luck.

3. Thaliondae

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've tried the routine method before and I'm not above trying it again but I have a lot of driving to do tomorrow so I think I'll log out and try to get some sleep in a bit as being overtired can be as bad as drunk when behind the wheel. I will have to give it another shot soon though, I'll do almost anything to get back to being able to sleep at night.

4. Diego89

Well you probably should go to bed then, tho I usually feel more tired when I only get to sleep a few hours instead of not getting any sleep at all. Anyway, drive safe.

5. animequeen567

I'm also an insomniac. Lately I've been fine. Been going to bed roughly around the same time and my body got used to it I guess. It comes and goes. Plus my allergy pills I've been taking make me sleepy so I'm set. I don't recommend taking pills to induce drowsiness, I'm just suffering from allergies and theres perks with it I guess. Anyway decaffeinated tea works wonders.

6. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Ive had insomnia since I was a kid,hot shower b4 u sleep,heating pad,keeping urself busy in the morning ,hot drink and hot food .

#6 Unsurevirgin, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2013
  7. Hi...I am Hawaiianflower and I am an insomniac.

A little meditation helps me, but I have too much in my head right now. Plus my kid has my insomnia and is singing in his bed right now. meh. at least we both get to sleep in.