1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tattoos?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Split Arrows, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Split Arrows

Who here is sporting some ink? What do you have?

I have 7 so far: 2 nautilus shells on my shoulders, my family coat of arms on my left pec, autumn tree with a harvest moon on my left pec, triskele on my sternum, zodiac sign on my right bicep and my rules for a good life on my left forearm (Honor your gods/ancestors, practice loyalty, seek wisdom).

2. john1b1

john1b1 Guest

Where I live, I can't get one until I turn 18 in October. But as soon as I do, I'm going to get a rainbow flag on my shoulder. Very simple, minimalist. Speaks volumes.

3. Split Arrows

wonderful!

I always say that the perfect tattoo is something personal and unchanging!

4. KnownSecret

I love tattoos and I have been really wanting to get one lately! I wish my mom would give me permission! Even if she doesn't I turn 18 this year and for my birthday present to myself I plan on getting a tattoo :wink:

5. mpac21

I actually do not have one myself, is not really my thing for me personally...but I am amazed by the ones others have, especially when they have a special meaning and the artwork that goes into them many times, a special type of creativity truly...

6. Acobi

Acobi Guest

Yep! Got my ink cherry popped earlier this month :grin: (still working on letting it heal up).

I have an iteration of the Triforce on my left shoulder blade. It has a lot of significance to me, and was the perfect symbolism for what was and is going on in my life. I plan to only have the one-but you never know!

7. Split Arrows

Yeah, I only planned on the one :icon_wink

It should only take 5-8 days to heal, if it's still not after two you might want to get it checked by your artist.

Congrats on the new ink.

8. I have 3. Music staff, notes, and a treble clef on my wrist. A hibiscus flower with a vine that goes through the flower in the shape of a treble clef. And my version of a shooting start.

I want to get a half sleeve. I am working on the concept of that one. I am thinking flowers. I love flowers. And I am considering a phoenix on my side, rib, hip area, but that one is years away.

9. Acobi

Acobi Guest

Thank you!

Yes, once you get over the hump of getting your first one, I can see how it is easy to want more. :lol:

Yeah, I meant more that I just have to still wait before getting it wet in a pool, and keeping it from drying out with lotion regularly. I'm past the whole healing ointment care (thankfully!)

10. Split Arrows

^^^
    Groovy! I don't like to get people alarmed about the healing, but I did once have one get infected and I like to help others avoid that discomfort.

11. Hudson

I have four. Three quarter sleeve on my left arm... one on my right forearm... another on my left pec... and then one below the knee on my right leg.

I love my tats... and plan on getting more.

I wear a business suit for work, so I can pretty much do whatever I want tat-wise, aside from my head, neck, and hands. The rest is fair game. :grin:

12. boo841

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i dont mind some tattoos on anyone. but i still want to be able to see them, and not overly distracted by the inks. tasteful placement would be very okay though. personally i dont think i would get any, because when you get old and wrinkly, it wont be as fabulous as it used to be..

13. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have two so far. Chinese symbol meaning "dragon" (My Chinese astrology sign) on my right ankle (2007) and a galloping horse on my left shoulderblade (2010). Hoping to get my third one sometime this year. I'm not yet sure of the design but it consists of the words Faith, Love, Hope, Trust. And I'd like it in colour (green), as my other two are black ink only :confused:

14. Hexagon

I want either an anarchy symbol or a feminism symbol tattooed on my left upper back/shoulder, and perhaps some tattoos covering future surgery scars. None yet though

15. WJLerch

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have two but i eventually want to get more

16. Aielar

I have two so far: a friend of mine died in 2010, so I got his initials, his birth year, and his death year on my right ankle, and on my left shoulder/upper arm I have a wolf silhouetted by the moon with a tree coming up from the right side, and below that I have the word Fell on top of a blue swirl pattern - it actually looks really awesome.

I've got my next two planned out as well: I'm going to get a flower of some sort for my grandfather who died earlier this year, and a phoenix rising from the ashes to represent my background and how much struggle I've undergone to get where I am today.

17. StefaniW

StefaniW Guest

No, no tattoos. But my brother is like this awesome tattoo artist in DC so if I ever want one I can just get it for free, lolol. I would have to think of something first though, lololz.

18. biggayguy

I have a Celtic cross on my left shoulder and a chess Knight on my left forearm.

19. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  20. biggayguy

I'm thinking about getting a rabbit, my Chinese zodiac sign.