1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange Thing is Happening

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dublin Boy, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This may be my imagination, I don't know, but I have recently joined a new team at work & there is a mixture of Girls & Guys in the team, the Girls seem to be attracted to one of the Guys in the team, who is quite cute.

Now when I was acting the Straight Guy, Girls were always attracted to me, but since I have came out to myself & seem quite happy with who I am, I seem to have become invisible to Girls Lol I am just Mark :slight_smile:

I know Girls try to make eye contact with me, but I don't respond, if it is a Guy I do, have I put up a invisible wall around myself that says, not available, I am Gay, but is it quite that obvious? as far as I know I am in the closet at work :grin:

2. memyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm usually the opposite way I think. When girls don't know I'm gay and look at me, I feel not really invisible, but overlooked or something. Of course, if the girl isn't interested or busy with something else, eye contact is just eye contact. But when a girl gives me that flirty eye contact, I feel like the real me is invisible. Like if a girl is looking at me in a flirty way, she's thinking about me in a way that will never happen. Like she's thinking "hey, he's cute. I wonder is he thinks I'm cute. I wonder if he would be a good boyfriend. Maybe he'll ask me on a date if I flirt with him." And me being gay, none of those thoughts matter or mean anything. She's looking completely past me because she's analysing me as a potential boyfriend and not simply a person.

Of course, this only happens on rare occasions and don't usually go to quite that extreme, but I always feel more comfortable around girls who know I'm gay so that I don't need to worry about them thinking I'm someone who I'm not. That way they can actually get to know the real me without these flirty thoughts getting in the way.

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know, it's like now that I have come out to myself, as if I have turned on a warning beacon, saying I am Gay, I am not interested in the opposite sex & some girls are picking up this beacon in a subconscious way & just not bothering with me, as if I am no longer sexually attractive to them & in the same token, I am more sexually attractive to Men who are not completely Straight, if that makes any sense Lol

4. Rexmond

If that's the case then surely it's better that you remain invisible in this case to these girls? If they're intentions are flirtatious or sexual and they aren't willing to make an effort to get to know you because you are gay, then I would stay away.

5. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well you might think you are in the closet at work, but I wouldn´t count on it.
    People know by the eyecontact (or lack of it:icon_wink). Even if it is on a subconcious level.

6. Beware Of You

Huh thats wierd, I get attention from girls when I am all gay, but when I was trying to act straight I got nowhere

7. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Lol, perhaps if I came out of the closet, I would have Girls flock to me & try to turn me Straight :badgrin: