1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's ur theory or opinion of ppl sleeping around ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Unsurevirgin, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

I lovey bakery job but I try so hard not hide my disability and speech it sometimes works but oh we'll I found my career and doing repetitions of Math is working slowly . I just hope to fly out of the nest soon and when I'm ready and go to college and get MBA and maybe be a broker and bakery owner :slight_smile: snd getting my license at 19 which I am until September hits sigh goid bue teen yrs :frowning2: how is everybody ?? Anything new going on ? And yes what do u think of th idea of ppl sleeping around ?

2. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's their choice if they want to sleep around and I won't judge them for it. As long as they're not hurting anyone.

EDIT: I HATE the double standard of if a guy has sex with every guy/girl, he's cool, but if a woman does it, it makes her a "whore" or "slut". Treat them both the same way. o3o

#2 BryanM, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  3. BornInTexas

Casual sex is perfectly fine.

4. MerBear

my ex tends to "sleep around" and the only reason, i'm calling her a slut in my mind is because i miss her and i'm going through my anger stage still....i mean, its her choice but it hurts me...but i can't stop her.

I dont call any other girl a slut. I haven't told anyone that she is a 'slut'
    and i must say because in advance, you can't judge me completely off of a word i say. I may call my ex a slut in my mind but i'm just doing it out of being hurt and i'm angry.

does it make me a horrible person all together? no. It's just a temporary feeling for now

#4 MerBear, Jun 20, 2013
  5. Femmeme

I'm of the opinion anything consenting adults choose to do is A O.K. Sex is fun, so do it however makes you happy. A person every night or the same true love for 50 years, do whatever make you truly happy. No judgement.

6. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

I'm not judging but how do ppl not panic how they look, how they smell ,how they perform ,getting pregnant or getting sti's and Stds?

7. Femmeme

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't think you calling you ex bad names in you head, or even to close friends is that big of a deal.

What sucks is that we've been socially programmed to even think of "slut" as a bad name to call someone. It's an insane intersection of silly and harmful. Like when people use the word "gay" to mean lame, or say something "sucks." Like sucking is a bad, unpleasant thing. Generally speaking sucking is kinda awesome.

And sex feels AMAZING, so why dis someone for wanting to feel that?

What's actually wrong with seeking pleasure?

8. josh9623

Unless you're like me and wouldn't be able to handle the emotional aspect of it I think it is perfectly fine as long as it is safe sex

9. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't pass active judgement, but I prefer people not to sleep around because a) someone could think it's more and get attached, and b) sleeping around is dangerous for all parties involved due to STI risks and the unpredictability of behaviour.

And during a relationship, sleeping around is never acceptable (apart from open relationships, but I don't quite understand the feelings behind those, so I don't know what's appropriate there)

#9 Aussie792, Jun 20, 2013
  10. Femmeme

They love themselves. Loving yourself means making peace with who you are, how you look, how you smell. It also means taking care of yourself. Taking appropriate precautions to prevent unwanted pregnancy and disease is a basic part of taking care of yourself.

11. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Thank u lady ur posts are always helpful :slight_smile:

12. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty sure Pret's "fuck you" comment was aimed at people who intend to post comments shaming people for being sexually active, rather than at anyone who had posted.

Other people's sex lives have nothing to do with me. And if they're not hurting anyone and everything's consensual, then why would anyone care?

13. MerBear

well you see, i've been called a slut for having oral sex with my ex boyfriend....but i understand what you mean. its the lack of it really.

see, i dont want to call her a slut...i dont ...but i'm so angry because she would lead me on to thinking she was into me and then say how she had anal sex with this guy...and had sex with that guy and ect.

She thought "sex" was amazing but not in the right sense if you understand what i mean. I think she only has sex to feel "wanted" but whatever.

I just don't think its okay for teenagers or in some cases adults to sleep around too much....especially teenagers. its not a healthy habit at that age if you ask me.

My ex has already had a pregnancy scare because of it

---------- Post added 20th Jun 2013 at 11:21 PM ----------

I know, even at that, "fuck you"....isn't going to do much if you ask me but he's just voicing his opinion and his response. :slight_smile:

14. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm very sorry that you were hurt by infidelity. However, I still care a lot about people, and that caring prevents me from suspending my hardline moral judgements.

I don't think that you should feel that I am directing hostility toward you, because you've already admitted, explicitly that you shouldn't feel this way, and tacitly, that slut-shaming is wrong anyway. You're not actually invested in slut-shaming. You've just been hurt, and you want a powerful word that vindicates your feelings.

I still hold a fuck you out there to anyone who thinks slut-shaming is okay. It's something that men use as part of the whole patriarchal structure to attempt to control women's sexuality by shaming them for exercising their free agency thereof. It's also accompanied by a double standard that benefits men (if they engaged in promiscuous behaviors, they are "playas", but women are sluts).

#14 Pret Allez, Jun 20, 2013
  15. MerBear

i know slut shaming is NOT okay. not at all. I would say fuck you too, i just ...i guess, i'm giving up on voicing my opinion because nobody ever listens to me and plus, nothing ever changes....

i was called a slut...for one mistake....it made me feel like shit...but i realized, i wasn't a slut...and the teenage girls who do sleep around aren't "sluts" either....i just fee; they aren't making very good choices.

I guess, i'm being protective of my ex too because, i dont want her to get hurt or end up with the wrong crowd like she did last time....the last thing, i want o hear is hat she is pregnant or has an STD ya know?

if your going to have sex...be careful. thats what i say

16. Femmeme

I really do get it. She hurt you badly and you want to call her terrible names because of it. I think you have every right to feel that way. I just have issue with the fact that slut is considered such a powerfully bad word in our culture.

I won't deny that some people use sex like a drug to patch the wounds in their hearts and egos. They do and it can be really sady to watch and horrible thing to be dragged into. I would never deny that, but we don't have any power over other people's decisions. We only have our own choices to make about what we feel comfortable with and what we want. Everybody has to walk their own path, and sadly some people are just hellbent on hurting themselves.

17. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Why give up? I hear what you're saying, and it's valid. Just as slut-shaming is wrong, so is unethical behavior that violates a reasonable expectation of monogamy.

18. MerBear

I guess, i'm worn out by getting angry at things i disagree with.
    I mean, ...i dont know. I know, i shouldn't give but i feel like no matter what i say, it just doesn't matter

---------- Post added 20th Jun 2013 at 11:50 PM ----------

I know i don't. I guess, i just wish she didn't tell me about "sex" adventures....i just felt really lead on.

19. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Uhhh…am I the only one who noticed the preamble?

20. Unsurevirgin

Unsurevirgin Guest

Yes my iPod crashes. So yea that's why